First Spin of Spring - 1959 Rotrax Concours Path

Re: Re:

cols3064":2jrw06m2 said:
who did the paint work,ive a 1950s carlton international needs painting

It was actually done by Bob Jackson. Although sent via Madgetts Cycles who were getting some rechroming done for me elsewhere at the same time. I know some people don't always rate Bob Jackson, but the paint job is excellent. Particularly the lug lining. It's done very finely indeed, and very carefully. The only fault I'd say, is there are a couple spots I could have had filled. I'd say you need to specify everything you want done precisely, as that's exactly what they'll do. Whereas I have a frame at Argos at the moment, and they've called up multiple times to check stuff and confirm things and suggest extra prep work. But then they are much more expensive. I also got my dad's Harry Quinn painted by Bob Jackson. Just black enamel, but a really excellent job too. Again it arrived there via another bike shop. I had Kevin Sayles at Woodrup doing some repair work first. I don't know if that makes a difference. I've certainly had good work from them and their competitively priced. One place I haven't used, but mean too, is C&G finishes in Liverpool.

And, thanks to all for the further compliments on the Rotrax!

Back