FiR Impes 36h rim NOS

ferrus

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
What is the rationale behind these. I just bought a pair because they just looked so striking. Not even knowing wat i'd do with them. And for sure the price was right.

I think the idea of the lip is mainly to prevent brake blocks from touching the tyre walls. They were well regarded, strong rims so perhaps it contributed to their solidity..(?)

Did you buy them from Nidderdale Cycles?

1 they are not made by Mavic
2 they are as good as Mavic
3 some eg Orange used them as oem - so they are authentic build material
4 some are gold
5 most are eyeletted
6 they are mighty strong
7 they have a cool F I R logo
8 they are made in Italy
9 FIR are excellent engineers
10 I did maybe 8,000 off road miles on a pair and they looked barely used

Last edited:
They look great that is for sure.

I bought them from a private seller in the Netherlands who had a suntour xc pro front wheel for sale local to me. Went to pick it that up and had a look among his storage where there were loads of goodies:LOL:, but mostly road stuff. Bought the pair of FIR rims NOS with minor marks for 20 euros. A NOS araya RM-20 for another 10 euros. Pictures in the Fat chance build thread. My pair is 36holes, so i cannot use them on this build. But i felt like i wouldnt come acros another pair of those ever again.

Ooh, I had a pair built BITD by Howes here in Cambridge with a skinny Hope Ti front hub. They were grey anodized - well swish/ really rather $exy - but got nicked whilst attached to my Cinder Cone :(. I think they had to order them in especially for me having seen them in a magazine I suppose

Back