FINISHED - Pace RC200 F1 with special RC35s. Pics on Page 6

Now with added X-Lite, and in its right element!

17167898169_ef77897fa8_b.jpg

17352209342_dce6244566_b.jpg

Re: Re:

Thanks Rich! You being founder of the Pace Wiki (correct?), maybe you can shed some light on whether my bike is an F2 or an F1, or just a mishmash inbetween?

I Bought it from Lee/Kult Friction on RB last year. He described it as

"A one-off built frame - 1992, the frame doesn't have brake pivots, but welded four bolt magura Hydrostop mounts and no rear brake cable stop on the wishbone or brake cable guides on the frame (a la RC100), It's anodised champagne (almost the same colour as the Pace extruder chainrings) and has no frame number! It was a special sorted by one of the guys at Pace bitd, Possibly Adrian".

Looking around on the Wiki and here, I think I've noticed that the RC200 F2 has the more advanced double depth milling/butting, whereas the more elusive F1's milling is similar to the RC100s single. Or am I getting F2 and F3 mixed up? Mine has single butting. It has 2 mount holes for an anti-chaninsuck device, across a tube between the chainstays, not along the RH chainstay - any adeas?

Rich":3b8jiuqy said:
Very nice indeed, what a journey! :D

Re: Winter project started - Pace RC200 F2 with special RC35s

Of course the other option is to radial lace the front wheel so the spokes clear :LOL:

Looks great by the way and love all the British parts.

Bollox64":2qp4qamb said:
Small update.

Still need a new 112mm Action-Tec axle, as the idiots handling the shipping from Colarado lost the one I ordered - Bye bye 100 USD :facepalm: Cost to ship one tracked - 97 bloody Dollars :shock:
Plan B - get one shipped to our Office in Pennsylvania for 17 Dollars, and get a workmate to bring it over. To be continued...

On a happier note, the front wheel is now built up with the RC50 hub, though I had a clearance problem with the spokes hitting the pre-'93 RC35s...fixed using two copper washers

Slowwwly getting there.

16462938085_9f87f9bd33_b.jpg

16462008102_77251455d5_c.jpg

16275515210_413b285888_c.jpg

also, on the shifter front, I think I'll be going with thumbies.

16459207265_067743748d_c.jpg

This is stunning :)

Agree on the PACE hub and fork combo, got the same on my Merlin and suffered the same clearance issue with a carbon Nukeproof hub. I also did the same trick with brass washers until I found a PACE hub'd wheel that fitted.

Re:

Though my sad an extensive research (lol) I'm happy it's an F1, or a frame built around the concept from 92.

The F2 frameset came out late 92 early 93.

If Duncan (McDonald) built the frameset with Magura dropouts he may well remember building it... On my front page is details regarding his current website, I'm sure he wouldn't mind answering that question?

Either way, not many stock F1's built and this of course would be the rarest of them all :shock:

Once again thanks for the journey, and enjoy all you've accomplished, something a little special about Psce bikes eh

Re:

Came out well, :D thank god those cow horn bars go the chop

You've inspired me to strip mine (early F2) to the bare bones with a view of rebuilding it from the ground up.

It was the only bike I had when I joined now I'm up to 8 and its the only one thats never had a any time lavished on it.

Good luck in BOTM btw

here's mine

Attachments

• one%20clean%20Pace%20%20F2.jpg
    one%20clean%20Pace%20%20F2.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 528
Back