FINISHED - Pace RC200 F1 with special RC35s. Pics on Page 6

Re:

Lovely, nice to see a custom F2, along with the longer travel RC35 forks. I could imagine it'll be fairly hard to source an inch UK stem for the build, but loving the idea of a British build

Be careful with a shimmed post though, I caused a crack in my F1 frameset having a shimmed x lite post which thank heavens was able to be repaired... you'll need a 27.0 seatpost if I'm not mistaken.

I also like the idea of a Canadian crossover, love syncros kit and it would look lovely on that frame

Cheers, watching this build with interest

Rich

Re: Re:

Thanks! Might have an X-Lite for when I'm just drooling over it in the man cave, and use the current 27mm Syncros when I'm riding it :)

For the Stem, as the bike won't be ridden super hard - just single track and the like, I 'm thinking of an Ahead adapter, and a polished X-Lite Angelo.

At the moment I'm awaiting the arrival of a pair of Hope Ti-Glide/Fatso hubs with Mavic 217 rims. I will rebuild the front hub with a Pace RC50. Plus a set of Middleburn RS7s...

Rich":pc827gkb said:
Lovely, nice to see a custom F2, along with the longer travel RC35 forks. I could imagine it'll be fairly hard to source an inch UK stem for the build, but loving the idea of a British build

Be careful with a shimmed post though, I caused a crack in my F1 frameset having a shimmed x lite post which thank heavens was able to be repaired... you'll need a 27.0 seatpost if I'm not mistaken.

I also like the idea of a Canadian crossover, love syncros kit and it would look lovely on that frame

Cheers, watching this build with interest

Rich

Re: Winter project started - Pace RC200 F2 with special RC35s

Nice mate :)

Latest arrival - silky smooth bearings after 20 years :)

Thanks Stuart!

15053007014_edf77e98fe_c.jpg

Re:

Have you got a link to whee you got those replacement Madura clamps, I've been looking for some of those for a while and can only ever find the modern silver, rounded evolution style ones not those square one?

Superb bike, by the way! Got to love rare things like this!

Re: Re:

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/ - though you'll need to call them, the original Magura clamps are not visible in their on-line shop.

Cheers / A

pete_mcc":1uw5j3g4 said:
Have you got a link to whee you got those replacement Madura clamps, I've been looking for some of those for a while and can only ever find the modern silver, rounded evolution style ones not those square one?

Postman came with more stuff today - thanks Jon.

Hope/Mavic 217 Wheelset, Middleburn RS7s and X-Lite QRs

15649242466_a4fa5153d7_c.jpg

15672983045_6b6309979e_c.jpg

15487089279_5ba7a05387_b.jpg

Things are moving along :)

Coming along lovely.

What plans have you for gearing?

Cant beat the Pace fork/hub combo. I'm running the same on mine.

Chris

Back