Finished! New Boingy! 03 Marin Alpine trail Swamp Thing

Re:

^ ^ ^ ^

:LOL: :LOL:

I got a load of brake hose clips *somewhere* you can have. Also probably some cheap tyres if you don't mind them not matching.... :facepalm:

Re: I gotta new boingy thing...

Cheers Chris: I have a spare headset knocking about but I might treat it to a good one, depending on how it turns out. Not sure about the shock qr...*pokes at girlfriend's bike* Nope it's thicker and longer, but I am sure I can sort something. Marin probably do it as a spare. Oooh hose clips, good idea.
LGF: Once more you trump me. That's go one better. Not fart. That's really nice. Was it in that condition when you got it?
And mine would have been too small for you. So ner. ;-)

Frame was bought of rb for not much and was a cheaper build than my own!

Oh and parrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppp.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....ive always fancied a marin boingy.
B-17 or wolf ridge.....

Oooh Kaz I didn't see your post: yes please :) Am ok for tyres currently - I sold a few surplus ones a couple of weeks ago :)
Twain: My GF has a Wolf Ridge: it's lush. :)

I had to come home early :-(

The bike is here, and it's in better condition than the pics make it look, the forks are lovely and plush and the shock holds Air ( I dunno anything else about it yet - it may need a service ) The cables are shot and the brakes need bleeding, but other than that and some surface rust and the spiders ( I am arachnophobic so help was sought to open it ) all seems pretty good.

Pics and info to come :)

Hmm, according to MBUK it is ( or should be ) a 2003 model, what with the review being in the March 2003 Issue. It's odd but I can find nothing about it via Google.
Anyone got the 2003 Catalogue to confirm in case it's a mid season special or something? The MBUK review gives it 9/10 only losing out on a full house by dint of cheap shifters and skinny tyres, neither of which will be a problem.
The brake levers are moving all the way to the bars, leading me to believe that the brakes need filling, let alone bleeding. ( I'll be checking the hoses just in case )
I will be stripping it down and cleaning it tomorrow, ready to start the rebuild.

what is this bit - and what does it do? does it change the angle of the rear dangle? increase/decrease the height of BB?
not sure i'd be comfortable with it being quick release either....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 320
Back