Finest quality Koga-Miyata randonneur frame, NOS

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering finest quality WorldTraveller randonneur frame from Koga-Miyata including Deore DX parts

* New Old Stock *

This Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller originates from early 90s. They don't make them like this anymore, but also back then it was among the nicest, if not the nicest, randonneur offerings available in the marketplace. The Japanese, known for their devotion to detail and tight tolerances in output, put this frame is very well together using the best materials like Miyata's own Hardtlite FM-1 tripple butted Spiral Spline tubing. All transitions are flawless. The 7 step coat is tough and of a quality that would be illegal these days due to strict environmental regulations. Besides being resistant the paint is also pretty: Gloss is very deep and the dark (near black) aqua tone shows tiny glitter particles.

Frame intended and designed for serious bike journeys.

Features
- Miyata Hardtlite Spiral Spline tubing for frame and fork
- 7 step coat
- Ready for fenders, racks and low riders
- Braze on for generator under bb and generator operator on seattube
- Internal routing through top tube for rear brake cable
- Seattube: 50cm C-T
- Toptube: 540mm
- Rear spacing 130mm

Condition
New.

Comes with
- Shimano Deore DX headset
- Shimano Deore DX bottom bracket
- Cable stop front brake
- Wiring for light, already routed through the frame

Packaging
I will pack using foam central heating isolation tubing for full frame. Everything will go well padded into a sturdy bike box.

Looking for 230 GBP shipped

View all pics in large format >>

Go HERE

4742122514_ea34f1caf4_b.jpg

4741484223_f4077f36d3_b.jpg

4742121078_8a668b852a_b.jpg

4741485669_78e64d5ac9_b.jpg

4742121552_708fb65004_b.jpg

4742123046_534447b0dd_b.jpg

A never-ending treasure trove of delights Mel.... :D

I am slowly building my Koga Gents Luxe (itself from your gold laden stockpile via east London fixie!) with NR. Can't wait to ride it :?

Good luck with sale,

Thanks for info

Hi mate
Thanks for the information earlier about this one. It is lovely and I would love to do something but cant stretch that far at the moment.

Jamie

Hi elev12k,
if you have once a frameset like this, but with horizontal dropouts just let me know. I would love this one. Too bad!

Cheers

Okay, I haven't and I fear the chances I encounter one are slim. Why horizontal drop outs? You want to go single speed with a randonneur?

No, I just want to use an internal gear hub instead of a classic derailleur. Of course I could use a chain tensioner, but then there is still the problem with the chainguard left (preferably hebie chainglider).
The bike is destined to be a bike for the city. There are trekking frames and classic road frames as well, but for the first I prefer to ride a racing geometry, which is more agile and for the latter there is always the problem with 28mm tires and fenders, not to mention the v-brake.

Okay, I see. I am sorry I can't help you.

The frame is in 1st place intentended and designed for the serious bicycle journey, but it is could be used in the city also however. Park it away safe in case opting for that - always!

Hi Allard,

Yes, I would think somewhere in the 58-60 range. I am about your size and I do ride 57 up to 62.

Back