Finally I've cracked (29er content) ....

yeah - wasn't aware these existed; annoying just bought a 32 T ring; but it does look like the chainline is going to move. hmmm....

So for anyone who may be remotely interested, basically replace this:
1932331-large.jpg

by this:
works-components-sram-gxp-fitment-narrow-wide-spiderless-chainring-963-p.png

Re:

Yep chainline will remain the same. I measured mine before and after and it's spot on the same. They are 6mm offset chainrings to maintain the chainline. You can buy 0mm offset rings which are designed to maintain the chainline of boost cranks, although some people think the regular 6mm offset rings give better chainline with boost as well.

Well impressed with my works component ring, it's held the chain on perfectly and is an absolute bargain. Oh and has no garish logos either which was a plus for me.

For reference my SRAM spider + 32T SRAM chainring weighed 130g
Works components direct mount for SRAM GXP fitting 32T weighed 76g.

I hope you are using Ti bolts to hold it on - M5 for disc brake rotors fit but need to be shortened by 1 or 2 mm to prevent bottoming out, not to mention saving a bit more weight! :facepalm:

legrandefromage":3ndxn04p said:
29'ers are soooooo 2011

Hmmmm, maybe because times fly by or is that all of us who ride 29ers whilst giving you roost and protein farticles to chow down on.

Heehee!

Got the Works Components direct mount chainring, not really to save gs but because the chainset im fitting had 30t and 64 bcd (?) spider so cant transfer chainring over.

BTW now are £24.99 and has machined thin/thick teeth, a saving of 20g.

Back