Ffs...!u@k!ng plastic bottom bracket seal

PabloRoberts

Dirt Disciple
Recently bought a Peugeot PSV10 as a project, and its just come back from the powder coaters.

Gone to put the bottom bracket in and its threaded. It's a lovely, expensive SKF unit as well so i'm loath to give up on it.

The part thats threaded is the plastic seal thats not attached to the unit itself. Any ideas?

If i have to get a sub £20 one used or new can anyone recommend any?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-15-23-24-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-15-23-24-02.png
    28 KB · Views: 488
Do you mean the plastic cup?

If so, I would pop down to your local bike shop and see if they have a suitable one left over from replacing someone else's. Take the whole bottom bracket unit with you.

Once you have it fitted, keep a close eye on it as I found my plastic cupped bottom bracket had a bit more of a tendency to work loose compared to steel/aluminium ones.

Re:

Is it the THUN bottom bracket, either search eBay for one andnuse that or just uy a new bottom bracket.

That style are not commonly seen.

You could try finding other cups that might fit over the bearings.

Hi is it the left hand one you need, if it is I have one that is British thread 24 tpi that you can have, pm for more information

carltoncid":pw7j96qu said:
Hi is it the left hand one you need, if it is I have one that is British thread 24 tpi that you can have, pm for more information

Being a "Puggiot" it may or not be French threaded

Back