Feeling the Endorphins flowing this weekend.....

Re:

Due to a local and very reasonably priced eBay purchase I'm hoping to start feeling the same thing soon. Looking forward to seeing what you three endorphin fan boys are on about.

Re: Re:

tim75":2mwpo96b said:
Due to a local and very reasonably priced eBay purchase I'm hoping to start feeling the same thing soon. Looking forward to seeing what you three endorphin fan boys are on about.

Tim....stop teasing...show us a pic! :D Next meet will have to be an Endorphin only affair. :D

Could it be.......

s-l1600.jpg

Re:

Ah I see. I was going to message you about it to see if you wanted me to get it for you as it's local to me but then the guy reduced the price and I couldn't help myself.

tim75":1fiqkvod said:
Ah I see. I was going to message you about it to see if you wanted me to get it for you as it's local to me but then the guy reduced the price and I couldn't help myself.

Don't blame you. Steal at that price.

Re:

Ok so it's not that great condition but I suppose I can't complain for £50. There are a few suspect marks which could be small cracks and it's been resprayed in places. I gave it a bit of t-cut but not sure if I've made it look worse? Oh and the downtube seems to be full of water and there aren't any drain holes to get it out other than the bottle cage bosses. Looks ok in pictures.

Anyone know what size seatpost I need?

Attachments

• DSC_0123.JPG
    DSC_0123.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC_0122.JPG
    DSC_0122.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 347
Tim
Often the cracks are just in the paint. It is really a soft tail, so the back end does flex and the paint shows this. Mine has hairline cracks. I think it would have given up the ghost on the last ride we did together with Mike if they were serious.
Seat post in mine is 27mm. Or 26.8mm with 7uP can shim.

That’s exactly the same as mine and an early one with the skinny down tube

I’ve got a 27.0mm seat in mine but I’m convinced it should be 27.2 as the slot in the back of the frame is pulled in around the clamp (almost worryingly)

Bring that to Mayhem along with mine, Muz and Gerard’s and we could have a right gathering.

tim75":3hwx9ewd said:
Ok so it's not that great condition but I suppose I can't complain for £50. There are a few suspect marks which could be small cracks and it's been resprayed in places. I gave it a bit of t-cut but not sure if I've made it look worse? Oh and the downtube seems to be full of water and there aren't any drain holes to get it out other than the bottle cage bosses. Looks ok in pictures.

Anyone know what size seatpost I need?

BTW mine is cracked to hell, but it’s been like that for years now and TBH they must be in the paint as the thing refuses to die, I even bought another one three years ago for when it let’s go but all it’s done is collect dust.

If you fancy a read
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=346095&p=2581625#p2581625

On the water front being mainly thermo plastic / carbon fibre you should be okay but riding round with stagnant water and a swap of Legionnaires bugs ain’t gonna do you any favours

Back