Fave Sweets

It came in a Chewit style packet, and the sweets were a similar size/shape, were spearminty, white with green stripes. Anyone know what they were?[/quote]

Was discussing this at work the other day with one of the lads,
They were called pacers. :cool:

Gary C

enid_puceflange":1kj1lx3w said:
It came in a Chewit style packet, and the sweets were a similar size/shape, were spearminty, white with green stripes. Anyone know what they were?

Was discussing this at work the other day with one of the lads,
They were called pacers. :cool:

Gary C[/quote]

I love those, like chewing gum you could swallow. :)

My favourite sweets though, have to be Vimto sweets. like chewits, but all Vimtoey. :)

Just bought a packet of chelsea whoppers, fantastic :D

Thank-you.

That has solved a 20 year search. The sweetness of an answer is unfortunately offset by the bitterness of unavailability.

Caramba Kid":2amt35re said:
1. Rhubarb & Custards (when I can find them for sale)

Marks and spencers, next to the percy pigs ;) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I loved Kola Cubes and Pineapple Rock as a kid

I would have sweets for breakfast lunch and tea given half a chance :LOL: so many to choose from.

Fruitella
Opal Fruits (I refuse to endorse the name 'Starburst :x )
Rhubarb and Custard
Kola Kubes
Cola Bottles

basically anything with sugar and synthetic colouring..........

Humbugs (always popular around Christmas time) and Herbal Tablets (man).

You can't beat the good ol' fashioned mint. Fisherman's are good. :cool:

You can buy every sweet mentioned here (possibly with the exception of Pacers) in the Sweet shop in St Nicholas indoor market in Bristol. It is amazing, I think they have a website too. :)

They also do American stuff like Hershey Bars if you like that sort of thing...

Pacers were lush. I used to pedal my Burner down into the village on a Sat morning with my pocket money to stock up for the week on Pacers, Texan bars and Quattro pop!

Nowadays is real old skool stuff- I like aniseed balls, Colts Foot Rock (mmmm) and plain Bon Bons. Chocolate wise I'm lovin the new Dairy Milk Cranberry and Granola- superb

Back