Family bikes - Pug + Townsend which is now a Gazelle Mixte!

Re: 2 bikes for the family - Peugeot Sportive + Townsend R L

What a nightmare Richard! You'll need a holiday in the sun after this.

N

Hi Nathan,

I have had my holiday for the year!!! Maybe Portstewart might get a visit soon, although sunny Ballymena is great - if the beer is cold!

Richard

Hi Richard,
possible tyres for the current wheels, if that fails i will try and source 650c's.
I might be able to help there, with my wheelchair and handcycle connections...both in 559 and 571...what sort of thing are you looking for?

All the best,

Dan,

Thanks for the offer - i am looking for something to match the bike - preferably alloy (i can polish them) and non-aero, but i would consider anything at the moment!!!! I will get back to you if i get stuck with the tyres for the current wheels.

Thanks,

Richard

I would have injured my wife severely if she did any damage to a project bike,
mind you Richard, you should have made sure she was safe you plonka...lol

Ian,

I made sure the bike was safe!!! Next time it will be on the ground though, as she refuses to sit on it whilst it is on the turbo frame. Oh, and she has a sore neck but not as sore as the headache i have over the wheels!!

Richard

A couple or teasers - wheels will be a big improvement to the bike though.

2 hours of polishing to get the mech shiny and it was in great condition before i started.

105 front mech - in mint condition. I managed to drop one of the screws into a bucket of emulsion paint but i got it recovered and cleaned up!!!! Butter fingers me!

Deda red bar tape - not my choice but i am trying to keep in the good books after the fall.

Cable routing took a little thought, and my LBS provided a double down tube clamp which meant i didn't use the braze-on one. I think it look better with the cables matching - opinion please.

Rear brake cable routing - again, it was not until i looked at it that i realised i had forgotten something. The original brakes had the clamp upside down and my cable outer is a little short but i will rectify this before the end of the week (hopefully) and i need a couple of clamps to replace the black tape.

Rear brake cable routing - again.

If everything goes to plan, which so far it hasn't, the next pics will be the completed bike.

Thanks all,

Richard

Re: 2 family bikes - Peugeot + Townsend - now Gazelle Mixte!

Evening all,

Well, as promised - i have it done!!!!!!!!! There are still a couple of issues to sort out - the rear wheel may need re-spaced and re-dished but i will know better next week. Also, and this caused an argument tonight, the seat height is perfect for my wife but i have bought a new alloy aero post, as it is aero it will have to sit slightly higher than the current one and she does not want the seat height changed - grrrrrrrrrr. Also, i need black cable ties which i have ordered to replace the green ones.

Other then the above - it is done and working (except the top two gears). I will sort out the gear issue next week hopefully.

Here are the pics - and they are no Photoshoped and could be better but i was short of time and light this evening (but it was dry).

Apologies for the poor pics, i thought they were fine on the camera - wrong!!!!!!!

Comments please, criticisms accepted begrudgingly as this bike has been a total headache (amongst other body parts with ached too).

Richard

TGR":2a4z27mf said:
Evening all,Well, as promised - i have it done!!!!!!!!! Comments please, criticisms accepted begrudgingly as this bike has been a total headache Richard
You most definitely have mate :LOL:

This bike will sure be a real header turner when the wife tries to ride on it :cool:

Hope you get the block problem sorted.

One other gripe for me! Can you get hold of rubber gear lever covers? Be fare safer than just alloy spikes :|

Thanks Ian

To compound my problems this evening a huge bit of a tooth has just dropped out of my mouth!!!!

Richard

I am pretty sure the wheelbuilder cannot fix my mouth

Back