Excel (Dan Genner Cycles) Tandem a family heirloom

gold decals will look good & some pin striping could add a touch of class - nice build

Actually rode it a bit today, though only up and down the road without anyone on it, all ok. I'll see how she gets on, she's ok on spd's on her normal bike but trainers to start with I think, yes would be good to see some tandem pictures up here , they are certainly a bit more varied than single person road bikes.

So its finished just in time for Christmas. Wanted it to be complete to show my mum and sister on Christmas Day. Its my emotional connection to the passing of my father in 2011 and the forward looking uses with new stokers like my daughter and frankly whoever else would care to share my love of bikes with :) My mum who is in her eighties has promised to do a few laps of the block with me
Quite emotional overall, some of us express ourselves in different ways, my Father Alexander (Alec) Dunn was true cyclist in the 1950's club spirit, and latterly an excellent veteran road runner who still holds age (60+) world records for 50Km, also a 2h 25min marathon aged 49! I take my hat off to you sir and will honour the tandem in the manner in which you will understand ....I'll ride it and enjoy the countryside and company.

Season best wishes remember those who matter at this time of year
Darren Dunn

Attachments

• Finished Tandem down tube decals.jpg
    Finished Tandem down tube decals.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 780
  • Finished Tandem front side.jpg
    Finished Tandem front side.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 780
  • Finshed Tandem Full side front.jpg
    Finshed Tandem Full side front.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 780
  • Finshed Tandem full side view.jpg
    Finshed Tandem full side view.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 780
Re:

Wow, that's some amazing achievments! If you are ever in Kent I would gladly be your stoker. Have a great Christmas.

Re: Re:

andyz":38pl8h0d said:
Wow, that's some amazing achievments! If you are ever in Kent I would gladly be your stoker. Have a great Christmas.

Thats the spirit Andy, and you'd be most welcome :) so looking forward to a lovely steady cruise out on some scenic flat roads :) Best wishes

What a great thread and so nice to see the fruits of all your labour completed. Though it's not about the restoration really, it's about a connection with your dad and your more than living up this yourself with your daughter.
It is a great job and wish you both, along with any other stokers you may have on board, nothing but happy miles with the wind at your back.
Job well done and look forward to your mums thoughts or ride report even :)

I also hope you don't mind that being a mod I saved your pic and edited your post so the photo wasn't upside down. If you want me to put it back and let you do it that's all OK, just let me know and I will delete it from the flickr account.
All the best

Jamie

Re:

Now that does look good & nice decals.....

How much does it way.....

Back