Euro 2016

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":jgdv5oj2 said:
Farewell N.Ireland,the better team lost but you made a big impact and raised the bar.Coleman as good as said that the best side lost.

Can't really fault our teams performance in the competition. Sure, they looked a bit overawed in the first game against Poland but they still made it out of the group stage and did us proud.

The highlight of the tournament for me so far though has been the ROI fans. Standing up and chanting "stand up for the Ulsterman" in the 24th minute against Sweden in tribute to the 24 year old NI fan who was killed the day before, and again today against Wales when I spotted a number of ROI shirts in among the NI fans. Great to see and a refreshing change from the usual derby or "old enemy" hatred you expect at football games, whether its England vs Scotland, Rangers vs Celtic or Barca vs Real.

Tomorrow I'll become a ROI supporter and I hope to still be supporting them until the 10th July in the final :mrgreen:

It does seem the year of funny football results. Look at Leicester. Iceland showed heart, which is one thing I think playing amongst other underdogs tends to encourage.

I missed the last ten minutes thanks to my mobile data, but getting back to the car heard the result.

Hodgson resigns.

Who now?

I hope Harry Redknapp gets the call.

Back