EU shipping costs post-Brexit...

Shipping costs seem fine with DHL. Paisley (brilliant company) have ceased shipping to EU for a while - they say that they will resume. I guess that they are waiting for dust to settle and processes to be smooth, and market demand clear. I posted my lovely Marin Ti to tiMOJO in Annecy, and that (fingers crossed) was a good process in terms of online completion of documentation and simple labelling and pickup. Not as punitively expensive as I expected.

ah that's good to hear.

I asked on a FB group and mixed response-one guy in Belgium said sending a frame to the UK cost double now but is still c. 30 euros which isn't so bad, must just depend on the company/broker.

Too bad about Paisley though-good company and always reasonably priced.

There's hope for a new cross bike yet it seems then...

Poor Nigel, I wonder if he knows? Is it catching? Is it a new covid variant?

What are the symptoms of having cock womble? Strange to name such a thing after those cuddly creatures from Wimbledon common

What are the symptoms of having cock womble? Strange to name such a thing after those cuddly creatures from Wimbledon common[/quote]

Have you been out dogging again :LOL:

But getting back on track to the original post......

A fellow Retrobiker in Hungary was saying before Christmas that he couldn't post to the UK, the Couriers had stopped offering that service.

A few teething difficulties are to be expected I guess that hopefully get sorted out sooner rather than later.

Re:

Spoke to a man in Italy earlier who reckons he can send me a full bike for 55 euros

(to answer the OP - i'll ask which courier tomorrow)

➡️

Re: Re:

jonnymcenroe":1ch5ym7s said:
Spoke to a man in Italy earlier who reckons he can send me a full bike for 55 euros

(to answer the OP - i'll ask which courier tomorrow)

➡️

Maybe he's using a broker that quotes that, but once he sends it over , he realizes the choosen courier ceased the service without notice and the package is travelling around without any clear destination and no tracking info for weeks... That's where I am right now ;(

oaklec":2pk6w5fw said:
Poor Nigel, I wonder if he knows? Is it catching? Is it a new covid variant?

What are the symptoms of having cock womble? Strange to name such a thing after those cuddly creatures from Wimbledon common

"Cockwomble (noun)A person, usually male, prone to making outrageously stupid statements and/or inappropriate behavior while generally having a very high opinion of his own wisdom and importance."

Sounds to me like he fits the bill.

as some of you may know I'm regularly sending elastomers to the UK
most guys buying 1 or 2 sets, fitting in an A11 size padded envelope
until now none of my UK customers had any problems with VAT or other customs taxes.
it makes us lucky then?
Hungarian Post still counts UK as 'Europe 1' meaning the same shipping as mainland EU

Back