Eddy Merckx Motorola Bike FS

Hi,

Yes that's correct. The guy I bought it from told me the same thing, his mate had bought it from the Motorola team at the end of the season. TBH it's hardly been used.

I had a Corsa Extra frameset in Columbus TSX tubing not long ago.

Mine was very tatty and needed a repaint which I couldn't be bothered to do, so I ended up selling the frameset for not enough.

Lovely bikes with fantastic detailing, knew I should have kept mine in the loft until I had a use for it! Ended up building a chinese carbon frame instead that was a better fit.

Hi,

Very nice, bet you regret selling it. I must say I've ridden alot of bikes and I'd say this is one of my favourites to ride. Handling is smooth and precise/perfect.

I personally don't rate carbon as it just feels dead compared to steel. I own a C-40 which is great but it just doesn't have that lively feel.

As they say - "They don't make them like they used too"

American Friend":2ijdo8ra said:
rusty bodie":2ijdo8ra said:
toby1974":2ijdo8ra said:
Hi,

Thanks, yes that's the one. No joy on Ebay though.

No, there's a gate of a motorola bike on ebay just now and the guy
want's £2000+ for it!!

Must be a yank...

:x

Comments like this always amuse me. We yanks adore you Brits, especially the Scottish variety.

Nice bike BTW. :D

ha haaa!! thanks for that - i have extended family in the usa so don't take it personally - i love y'all really!

HOWEVER, have a look on ebay at anything decent old school for sale in america - these guys charge ridiculous prices - i saw a campagnolo c record 8 speed rear mech for sale at £300 and well, take a look at this for instance!! >>>

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Campagnol ... _841wt_698

:shock:

i think i should learn how to play the stock market like you lot!!

:LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
rusty bodie":2f6aqho9 said:
American Friend":2f6aqho9 said:
rusty bodie":2f6aqho9 said:
toby1974":2f6aqho9 said:
HOWEVER, have a look on ebay at anything decent old school for sale in america - these guys charge ridiculous prices - i saw a campagnolo c record 8 speed rear mech for sale at £300 and well, take a look at this for instance!! >>>

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Campagnol ... _841wt_698

You should go on LFGSS. That's always worth a chuckle for prices! :roll:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: prices

bikenut2010":1ogm18tw said:
anyone can ask a daft price, completed listings give the real answer, i.e. what price items actually make....Cinelli saddle for £170.00??? bwahh ha haa

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Cinelli-B ... 500wt_1215

wow. the UNITED STATES, AGAIN!!! (i rest my case, my american cousin!)

mind you, PORTUGAL is hot on their heels with a
bernard hinault turbo saddle on ebay just now for almost £100 -
we used to sell those ball breakers for £15 back in the day!!

imagine actually PAYING to have a sore arse every time you go
out on the bike!!!

pm'd you, please check :)

anyway i'm gonna ask here again, are you selling the frame separately? how much will that be?

thanks

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I think you may be clutching at straws but you never know unless you ask.
This was for sale 6 years ago.

Jamie

Back