Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra - Team Belgium - Campagnolo - 56cm

Thrasher

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

Welcome to my listing for my Corsa Extra. It is a 56x56cm - 22". Italian threading. Campagnolo dropouts.

The frame has been knocked by a previous owner - you can see from the picture.
I have had this inspected by 2 mechanics and a frame builder. All said No issues structurally - its just a cosmetic ding - and they all wanted to buy the frame off me!

Its a very rare Team Belgium frame from the mid 1980's. I saw one sell on ebay recently for £450. The only other one i have seen its at steel vintage.

"About the frame : you are buying an Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra frame. The Corsa Extra was the best Eddy Merckx Tour de France stage bike. Besides the Corsa Extra, there is the MX Leader (Columbus Max tubeset), much more stiffer and built for sprinters or time trials. You will find on the internet dozens of Corsa Extra owners that say they never ever had such a bike in term of comfort, handling and overall riding. Many of the best Professional racing teams used it on the Tour de France (7-Eleven, Panasonic, Telekom, Motorola, Lotto, GAN, Domex-Weinmann, Hitachi, Stuttgart, Karel Mintjens, Jeff Pierce...). It was built with the famous Columbus SLX tubeset with spirals in it" - Quote lifted from thecarman06000 listing of the same frame a few months ago.

From what i can tell its probably been raced most of its life. It has paint chips on the frame - of course these can be touched up almost instantly - but I like the look. It looks lived in and thats how I have kept it.

Components:

Campagnolo C Record Crankset 52/42 – Campagnolo Rings
Campagnolo Record Front Derailleur
Campagnolo C Record Rear Derailleur – Original Campagnolo Jockey Wheels
Campagnolo Record cassette 13-26
Campagnolo Record Rear Hub –With Campagnolo Skewer
Campagnolo C Record Front Hub - With Campagnolo Skewer
Campagnolo C Record Seat post – With Campagnolo Seatbolt
Campagnolo C Record Bottom Bracket – Original Bearings / Caps
Campagnolo C Record Headset
Campagnolo Record/Chorus Monoplanner callipers
Campagnolo Ergo Chorus Brake levers
Campagnolo Brake / Gear Ultra Cables

Cinelli Giro Handlebars 42cm
Cinelli 1” Quill Stem - 9cm
Deda Handlebar tape

Mavic Open Pro Rims
DT Swiss Race Spokes
Vittoria Corsa Tyres - 25mm

Selle Italia Saddle - I have tried them all - but this one I got given is by far the best for me personally. So comfortable.

Pedals are Look Keo - can take them off if you have your own..

It rides how it looks and it rides as you would expect with a component list like that. Its beautiful. Seem less shifting (8 speed) - handles well, its light for its age. The wheels are hand-built by myself under the supervision of master wheel builder - Arup Sen.

I have kept up with the regular maintenance of the bike and have pictures of me overhauling both hubs, BB and cranks if anyone is interested!

Delivery: I am willing to ride it to you if live 60 miles from my post code: SW16. Other wise please get in touch for a quote. Usually £30 UK mainland. I have experience of posting bikes.

If you have any questions - please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Oli

£900

Edit: Reason for selling - Its a little to big for me and I have been advised by my lower back and knees on this one. Must get a proper bike fit.

Edit II - Stand-over height is 79cm and the headtube is 13cm

Edit III - I still have the downtube shifters from the original purchase of the frame with I will include in the sale for free. L'eroica ready!

Attachments

• Eddy_Merckx_Corsa_Extra_01.jpg
    Eddy_Merckx_Corsa_Extra_01.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 860
  • Eddy_Merckx_Corsa_Extra_8.jpg
    Eddy_Merckx_Corsa_Extra_8.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 860
  • Eddy_Merckx_Corsa_Extra_9.jpg
    Eddy_Merckx_Corsa_Extra_9.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 858
  • Eddy_Merckx_Corsa_Extra_6.jpg
    Eddy_Merckx_Corsa_Extra_6.jpg