ebay scam - you know what they say ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
02gf74":2nqwofni said:
I replied asking for more photos - ho ho :LOL: knowing full well that there wouldn't be any plus - plus I asked about collection knowing that collection would not be possible - again as predicted (maybe I should dothe Lotto on Saturday.. :?
I can't make a pick up for you because I want to use ebay...I will send the item through ebay and after I start the shipping you must make the payment to them...after that you will receive the bike and you will have 5 days to check it and inspect...if something is not like I told you the agent will give you the money back...let me know..
Scamming bastardy BASTARD!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I had something similar happen to me a couple of years ago whilst looking for a van. Made a casual enquiry to a cash price, was then told I am winner and to make payment to "eBay agent" as seller was "very busy with wedding plans and I have no time to lose" ,even offered to deliver. So,smelling a rat, I dug a bit deeper and managed to find out that the "agent" was a HSBC account on edgware road in north London,and the sellers address was crystal palace
football club!!!!!
So I decided to have some fun via emails to the seller involving questions about the van peppered with star trek references,the best thing was he replied to all off them!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I saved the emails, I must try and put them up one day,they're brilliant.!

I have reported similar scams to Ebay before. They did naff-all about them and people got stung.

Just contacted the original author of the listing and sent him a link to the offending auction and he has also contacted ebay so this should get the auction removed.

Just have to wait and see what happens now.

well it is stil there!!

..... unfortunately due to changes about 1 year ago, ebay hides the bidders id so there is no way to contact them - the first and last letter do not correspond to the user id.

If its a dodgy account then I can't be in trouble for a stupid bid can I? :twisted:

He he £4500 bid placed through a fake account and I messaged him with links to the other auction. See what happens :)

Unless the 'seller' is stupid enough to shill bid on an already fraudulent listing I'd hazard a guess that 4.5k will suffice!

that is one solution although you can buy a new one for less..... probably

only trouble you may have is with non-payment strike from ebay - I had no end of hassle convincing ebay about an item I won (was a bike) that was a scam too.

02gf74":3u5mhgua said:
that is one solution although you can buy a new one for less..... probably

only trouble you may have is with non-payment strike from ebay - I had no end of hassle convincing ebay about an item I won (was a bike) that was a scam too.

I've re-registered with a shill account just to pee him off ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back