eBay find GT RTS

Now had a chance to strip off the accessories and look at what I've got.

Seller stated he was the original owner and bought the frame new, building it with parts he selected hence the build. Only the saddle grips and tyres have been changed since. He seems to have been big into stickers as well ;)

1991 RTS-1 frame with Noleen shock, 19" centre BB to centre toptube
Pace RC35's which need new elastomers as always
Mavic headset
Uno stem
Fred Salmon Racing bars
Bontrager rocket V titanium saddle
USE seat post
XTR M900 shifters, rear mech, brakes, chainset and BB
XT front mech
Toga Surefoot VI pedals
DCD
Marin Lite bottle cage
Middle burn Titanium front hub on Mavic M231 rim
XTR M900 rear hub on Mavic M231 rim
Hutchinson Spider tyres
KORE titanium purple ano quick releases and a good smattering of purple ano bolts and blue jockey wheels.

Bit of a bargain and a shame it doesn't fit me but I nearly have 5 beautiful Retro riders built so plan is to strip, clean and service, keep some parts and sell on the rest. Hoping this frame will be built up by someone to catalogue spec.

Right, this has all been stripped now and the extra stickers removed from the main triangle. Starting to look really good on the toptube where I've done a bit of polishing. Lots more sticky stuff to remove and polishing needed.

Rear end needs a repaint but all pivots are nice as is the rear shock.

It will be for sale as will the M900 XTR parts so hopefully it can be rebuilt as intended :)

There was a similar dynatech not so long ago on ebay. was too higher price for a dynatech.. except it was dripping in 900. nearly pulled the trigger myself on that one.

dablk":13rtm4bb said:
brock must be chomping at the bit if its a 19" lol.

He's shown an interest ;) PM'd him on Friday but he's not picked it up yet. wish it'd been smaller as this is one of my dream bikes but I don't need anymore right now.

Very, very nice!! I do love a good eBay mis-listed story with a decent product at a decent price! (If mis-listed is even a legit term? :p)

Back