East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

I can do the Pines tonight if anybody is up for it?

I'll be going anyway as I'm working up there today. 6pm start? I'll keep an eye on this thread for any replies during the day. If I ride on my own I ride on my own :D See if I can beat Perry's lap!

yes id like to know how quick you can do it ed :D

45mins from car to car . i parked quite close to the start of the trail but you have to ride through the carpark back to it anyway :LOL:

rigid singlespeed

there was a diversion that might be finished now so my time isnt record book accurate :LOL: and i go down the downhill trail that starts in the middle . funny thing is the 3 of us went down the red route downhill instead of me usually going down the "downhill" and it seemed more challenging :LOL: the proper downhill is very open and i dont see a couple of drops as hard , the twisty singletrack needed more concentration

i think front suss would be good for at least 5mins not sure how much of an improvement rear would make

id like to see how much quicker my new bike is

Sorry Ed, not tonight. Can do tomorrow or Thursday... and if no one else is about will ride it on my own, however I won't be challenging Perry's time on account of a) wet roots b) wet routes c) having no-one to pack me in a box and send me home when I stack.

Sherwood Pines race could be one for me to aim for 'cos it's a fair time ahead, and 'cos I'll be in the Super Vet category and there can't be too many of us :D Question is do I enter the Pace or try and get the rigid Cindercone back together? What would you do...?

Viking Challenge also could be of interest.

the pace is reliable and your used to it but i saw a couple pace at the nps round they had there a short while ago , if they are local they might enter . cant remember seeing any old konas

Well, fresh back from the Pines tonight... what can I say. Except ****ing signing, or rather, lack of.

I was flying, really wanted to beat Perry's record, and got just over what I guess was half way when there's been some new logging (since Sunday, even, when I was last here) and have they re-signed it? Have they &0110cks :evil: So ended up getting lost for about 8 minutes before I found the route again, but by the time I got back to the car park I realised I had missed out the section near the downhill bit. So I have no idea what I did or if it was fast. If I take out the 8 minutes of getting lost my route took 40 minutes, but I don't know how much I missed out.

Anyway, went for a more casual second lap and halfway round bumpd into a guy also lost. We stuck together and got talking and somehow muddled the route together, although we've no idea how we did it. Anyway, he's another local guy - lives near Ashby - rides Ticknall quite often. So we swapped phone numbers - I'll try and work on him to get an older bike (he was out on a first ride of his Scott Genius)!!

So, no idea if I was faster than Perry or not. Sorry. :roll:

ive been around 3 or 4 times and still manage to cock up a sign or 2 and thats when i can see them :LOL:

i get knackered half way and slow right down before managing to get a bit quicker near the end , i guess its because my bikes heavy and wears me out

what were you riding ?

we should ask in the shop some time , theres bound to be a local lap record . no doubt modern full bouncer though

Back