East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Lovely ride Ed. Crispy snow. One section with only rabbit tracks. Sheet ice on the hill between Staunton and Calke. A lonely long-horn. Frozen water-bottle. Being taken into The Chequers inner sanctum and invited to sit by the fire (somewhat scarey). Not having to clean the bike. :D :D

Are there any plans for rides locally this weekend at all ?
I need something to get my off road fix now the 'cross nationals have been cancelled :cry: :cry: :cry:

Also, does anyone know how snowy/icy/frozen the pines currently is ?

...Pines Report...Pines Report...snow has fallen on heavy ice sheets...risk of slipping on fireroads...singletrack fairly clear...Kitchener rideable...no mud, all frozen...looks fantastic...winter wonderland...Pines Report...Pines Report...

Very jealous of you both Ed and Rob...maybe next week eh?

Are there any plans for rides locally this weekend at all ?

Nothing definite for me I'm afraid. Will probably get out early Sat or Sun morning for a couple of hours locally but I'm intending to do the Macclesfield Forest ride at the end of the month so what with clearing up after the last couple of weeks, and keeping SWMBO sweet, the weekends are kind of spoken for. :roll:

Mid week evenings are pretty regular events .

unocogero":b5crfnil said:
...Pines Report...Pines Report...snow has fallen on heavy ice sheets...risk of slipping on fireroads...singletrack fairly clear...Kitchener rideable...no mud, all frozen...looks fantastic...winter wonderland...Pines Report...Pines Report...

Very jealous of you both Ed and Rob...maybe next week eh?

Thanks for that, might take the cross bike up for a play at the weekend then ! :D :D

Hmm could be interested , I wonder if I could get the mrs to drive . I hate driving so much :LOL:

I guess I would use the cinder cone before I strip it for a change of paint and parts . So it's just the strained thumb , sore ankle and iffy elbow to worry about .

Perry, hope you can make it. I'm giving Khane a lift otherwise I would have suggested you get yourself to Ashby and we could have driven up from here.
So that will be rc200ti, orange71, Khane, and maybe Perry. How are you fixed on the 31st Mat? :D

Back