Early Specialized Stumpjumper FSR - Opinions Please

Back

Back again guys, good way to make sure I sit and eat my lunch is to stay on here looking through retrobike and trying to find those things you know you have seen.
Anyways................
I checked the obvious place, in the 95 FSR manual I had buried away. The 95 sport came with an Specialized/RST coil shock so the Risse is probably an aftermarket unit retrofitted. It should be identified either from those on the site or by contacting them. (links above) Their stuff looks like good quality so I think it would have been a quality upgrade :D
I know the cat is on the german cat site. It has some good info in it. Basic but usable info.
Hope this helps
Jamie

Just bought a '95 S-Works FSR frame with a Fox air shock and I've been checking out old catalogues and searching around but I can't find out how much travel these babies have got – anyone know?

Wondering what travel fork to put on it...

Cheers :D

FSR Details

Hi Beepbeep
The FSR shock has 1.25inches of travel which gives 3.1 at the rear wheel.
The fork would be a standard type mag 21 etc of the period.
I have a long travel kit with a coil fox shock but as mentioned above I am taking that off. A tip is dont leave the alps sitting with no air, as it will leak oil.
Jamie

:D Thanks Jamie!

You certainly know your stuff when it comes to FSRs. Looking forward to building mine up - the frame's seen better days so it's going to be a hack/winter bike built with a mix of what I've got laying around. I'll post pics when it's finished...

Those carbon FSXs are really nice, there's been a couple on da 'bay recently but unfortunately out of my budget for this build... :cry:

Here's a picture of the rear Risse Shock on the 95 Stumpy FSR Sport.

Attachments

• RisseFSR.jpg
    RisseFSR.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 789
Back