Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Nice to see the Tufftrax Comp, I bought one back in 1990, same colour, black.
My daughter has it now, only parts still original is one of the wheels and of course the frame. Still have the rest of bits, apart from saddle in the shed somewhere.
Daughter has virtually outgrown it, she's coming up for 16 and she's, erm, taller than me now.
Might try rebuilding it with original bits when she's done with it.

Bloody nora dendy - I knew it would be a 97 kili and so it is. Segmented rigid fork as well - that's 2 for your bikes.

Not jealous at all. No siree

coomber":1o2dujmp said:
Bloody nora dendy - I knew it would be a 97 kili and so it is. Segmented rigid fork as well - that's 2 for your bikes.

Not jealous at all. No siree

:LOL: I wanted to fit some pace rc36 on one of the kilis but just can't bring myself to remove the forks.

I've been trying to identify my late eighties/early nineties Saracen 'limited edition'. There's similar on page page 53ish of this thread, but not quite the same. Any ideas?

thought I'd better add mine aswell. I'm sure that someone with a conquest previously posted on here asking for repro head tube stickers...and that someone replied they allready had them on file. Can anyone help (actually it'll be for the seat tube but looks same as)? The nice people at Reynolds have just supplied genuine frame n fork graphics so thats sorted. Also, anyone got any comments on running a PX chainsets.

Attachments

• frame5.jpg
    frame5.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,457
Hey there Saracen Lovers, I understand this is the place to come to chat about my Kili Ultra.

It has been in storage for about 6 years and I am thinking it's time to bring her back into action (after loving a day in Coed Y Brenin on a rental bike!)

To get her trail worthy again I am going to need to do a couple of things to her. The main one being replace the crank, I think I put a new BB on it not long before it got stored. So that should be ok. The crank on it at the moment is an XT from the same time period.

I have no idea how old it is. I bought it second hand after the owner had had it about a year and never taken it on any real trails (more money than sense!) It was probably about 17 years ago?!?

I don't actually have the bike with me at the moment (it's over at my Mums) so I can't give you too many details or photos yet.

Is it going to be easy enough to find a replacment crank?

I might change the shocks on to, I think they are Quadra 21s at the moment. Could do with a bit more travel.

The gearset is all XT, gripshift changers, DX V-brakes and some nice riser bars.

I know it's not one for the purists, but surely bringing it back into commision must give me some retro cool points :LOL: :cool:

Back