Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Might be a good time to ask for scans of any early catalouges people may have? Early Saracen info is very lacking.

Easy_Rider":1z3pozge said:
Might be a good time to ask for scans of any early catalouges people may have? Early Saracen info is very lacking.

That was sort of why I started this off. They were a brand that exposed a large number of UK riders to the concept of mountain bikes, with the likes of the Conquest and early Trekkers and so on. As such, I reckoned that the early ones really were worth more attention.

Just seems to be a shame that their recent poor reputation has detracted from what was a high quality past.

Got to say I've a soft spot for any old saracens, I'm talking pre 1990. double U-brakes rule. This thread needs a pic of Heathys fillet brazed one - choice!

Wrong place for an ebay link i know but spotted this while looking for a Tufftrax. It's the same frame layout as my Tufftrax and i probably would have gone for it but it's fat too big for me. He said it's 21" BB centre to top of seat tube. Almost complete and CHEAP, guessing 1993....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=005

edit with right link ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back