Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

That sounds like the one.

Here is another video screen grab. It is very low quality, but you can see the original colour.

conquest2.jpg

JohnH":3rn48qk4 said:
When I got my Sahara Elite in '93, I was offered two colours. Red or...

3625156515_23797dfb48.jpg

Ah, that's a bit darker than the metallic grey i was thinking of, looks very nice btw :D

Easy_Rider":ik4awrbb said:
Ah, that's a bit darker than the metallic grey i was thinking of, looks very nice btw :D
Thanks, Easy_Rider!!! :D I was sure that there was another model in the Saracen range that year (better than a Sahara) that shared this dark metallic grey colour, but I've looked at Chrisv40's scans of the catalogue from 1993 -- http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54777 -- and I can't see anything in this colour. I'm just wondering if Saracen might have updated its catalogue more often than once per year... :?

Just been reading this thread again and have started to regret getting rid of both my Saracens, if only they had been 19/20" i may still have at least one. Anyone got a project for sale? ;)

chrisv40":15p01lz9 said:
...if only they had been 19/20" i may still have at least one. Anyone got a project for sale? ;)
Chris, I'm surprised you didn't take a look at the 1993/94 21" Trekker I posted in the "Marketplace Watch" forum. It looked like a good 'un and went for £69! :shock:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mountain-Bike-Sar ... 0324431869

From now on, if I see anything that looks like your cup of tea, I'll send you a PM! ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
chrisv40":tyskze20 said:
Just been reading this thread again and have started to regret getting rid of both my Saracens, if only they had been 19/20" i may still have at least one. Anyone got a project for sale? ;)
Have a look at the bankrupt stock man in the frames section of evilbay ? ;)

1992 Complete Saracen Catalogue now up here

SaracenCatalogue

Thanks to AJM :cool: :D

I'm a little confused now though, as my Tufftrax was the same colour and very similar spec to the Tufftrax Elite in this catalogue, but my cable routing was all accross the toptube, unlike these ones :? :?
Anybody have any idea what year mine was then, always thought it was 92 :(

Seems the 92 Conquest was the same as my 91 Conquest Competition Hydrotech - except it didn't come with bar ends and the colour is different.

Back