Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Re:

You just need to take the top cap off the stem, loosen the allen key bolt then bob's you uncle. Quill stems can get stuck so might need a bit of force to free it (by holding the wheel between your legs and then turning the bars).

Re:

Ah you're a legend thank you!

I have one more question... There doesn't seem to be an adjuster coming out of the right hand gear shifter but there's one at the other end near the derailleur... I think this is probably normal but wanted a second opinion!

Attachments

• 20200820_215135.jpg
    20200820_215135.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 1,158
Re:

No probs !

It would be nice to have one there for on-the-move fettling but it was obvously cheaper not to.

As for Saracens, I own 4. 2 88/89 Trekkers, a black one and a 98 Hardtrax. The latter I rescued from a skip :)
It's a disease, honestly..

Re: Re:

Corblimeyguv":208pw9ts said:
No probs !

It would be nice to have one there for on-the-move fettling but it was obvously cheaper not to.

As for Saracens, I own 4. 2 88/89 Trekkers, a black one and a 98 Hardtrax. The latter I rescued from a skip :)
It's a disease, honestly..

Haha wow but I totally get it! These things are classics. I love my one so much I'm terrified of it getting stolen as it's in such good condition and is 100% original. So I'd like a not so nice one to lock up outside when I go to places... so I'm already looking for another one... I think they also look incredible as hybrids...

Got another one...

I picked this up yesterday as my Hardtrax is looking so ridiculously mint after cleaning it (pictures to follow) that I don't want to use it every day...!

So I paid over twice as much for a worse condition but higher spec 1998 Terratrax to use as my daily. :-D

Here's a quick snap of it on my first ride.

TBH it was a bit scary as the front wheel was making clanging noises and had quite a few loose spokes and one slightly bent one that I didn't check as I bought it from somebody who claimed to be a bike mechanic...that will learn me...

Attachments

• 20200903_140016.jpg
    20200903_140016.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,065
Here's mine. 1990 Trekker, owned from new, and I've still got the original saddle, bottle, reflectors and amber wall tyres in the shed.

Finally replaced the bent, rusty old chain and it's running better than ever.

VhxrUT5.jpg

Back