Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Re: Re:

Henne":2oghdhf9 said:
Yeah, tricky one MP. I have a 31" leg and 28" reach. You may find the TT a little high since it is not sloping. I will be posting a few more pics under Pre 97 bikes.

Thanks for that Henne as that helps me alot mate ;) ..

Henne":1o6bf72h said:
Forgot to say the 28" is armpit to finger tips and 33" finger tip to top of shoulder.

Well 28" is what i would go off mate and i'm just a tad under 27" on my arm measurement so i can't see why i wouldn't fit a 20" TT tbh and thanks again for the other lol ..

Tob":389re44w said:
As far as I know those are the original decals. I got it in 89 but it wasn't very old then and it has no signs of respray or decals replacement. The Evans head transfer and 531 ATB stickers are original and genuine as far as I can see.As I say, my best guess is that it was some sort of mash-up from Saracen.

Yes I have the original forks which I will keep in case I ever wanted to return it to its original spec.

Here's some more pics. As far as I can see it's a pretty standard late-mid 80s Saracen/Evans 531 ATB job.

Pretty scruffy on these pics, after a hard winter's commuting.

So here it is having returned from a couple of months away at Ellis Briggs.

They uncovered a frame number on the BB shell: 193.

Attachments

• evans.jpg
    evans.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 967
file.php

Just brought this Saracen Protrax SE home with me, I love the geometry of these 90's hardtails and love the colour too. Didn't know much about Saracens until I googled them after seeing this. Just always associated the name with rather shit bikes sold by Halfords. What a shame they let the name slide into mediocrity.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 775
Re: The old Evans returns

I finally got round to putting it all back together. Sturmey drum brake/fixed rear hub, dynamo front with 180 mm hydraulic disc brake, carbon forks, f'off bright lights. All ready for the dark evenings

Not looking too bad for a 30 year old :)

Attachments

• IMAG4888.jpg
    IMAG4888.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 733
  • IMAG4889.jpg
    IMAG4889.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 733
  • IMAG4890.jpg
    IMAG4890.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 733
  • IMAG4891.jpg
    IMAG4891.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 733
  • IMAG4892.jpg
    IMAG4892.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 733
Made a start on the new project yesterday, just using spare parts for now, might change some before it's finished. Excuse the messy garage.

Bit greedy as I already have one that I built last year.

Back