Early S&G Muddy Fox Bolton

Hi guys, I won it!
Sorry TZEDS....

I don't know if you did, but I had one in my early teens. Enjoyed riding the pennines with my parents and their friends. I still have both of my parents early muddy fox bikes, mums being a vixen. Can't wait to complete the collection as it was.

I'll keep it as it is. Got the bars but if the saddle is still on offer please let me know?

Great comments, I look forward to posting pics when I get it looking as it should 😊

Last edited:
Hi guys, I won it!
Sorry TZEDS....

I don't know if you did, but I had one in my early teens. Enjoyed riding the pennines with my parents and their friends. I still have both of my parents early muddy fox bikes, mums being a vixen. Can't wait to complete the collection as it was.

I'll keep it as it is. Got the bars but if the saddle is still on offer please let me know?

Great comments, I look forward to posting pics when I get it looking as it should 😊
So pleased you got this, I remembered someone was looking for one a couple of years back, had to search for a while to remember who!

The saddle is still available, will post some photos below. I had a look on eBay and the cheapest sold price was £48 plus £18 postage from the US. Happy to sell mine for £30 posted and it’s in much better condition than the one on eBay was! PM me if interested.

28640C9A-EE3E-43EA-9998-0271ABEF292F.jpeg B61110B2-1D8B-43F2-8352-4B7768C3AF2C.jpeg 40CF94A5-44BC-4542-8787-0EEAC2C220E7.jpeg D6EA0B62-4FB8-48C0-A1C2-A2229D68BAFB.jpeg

Here are the long awaited pics of the 24" bigfoot I got on ebay, as it was, and as it is now.
Thanks to Gtpulse for the saddle!
I've sourced the original WIN bars, some og 80's tyres, and for now some repro grips. Not sure if I'll bother with buying og grips or just nick them off mother's bike above 😂
_20220514_135554.JPG
_20220514_135533.JPG _20220517_113325.JPG _20220517_113356.JPG _20220517_113557.JPG _20220523_185039.JPG _20220523_184801.JPG _20220523_184931.JPG _20220523_185127.JPG _20220523_185016.JPG

Last edited:
Before I post pics of the 24" I just wanted to share some pics of my parents bikes I mentioned earlier. I dragged them out of the barn today, I'm annoyed with myself for not cleaning them up years ago but I would probably have been told not to touch them anyway....View attachment 629611View attachment 629612View attachment 629613View attachment 629614View attachment 629615View attachment 629616View attachment 629617
Hi guys, as my mother has been diagnosed with a terminal illness I'm going to be selling these time capsules off to try and raise a few bob for my parents. I'm not expecting a lottery win but I just thought I'd try and see if you guys can help me get the most I can for them.... should I just put them on here in the for sale section, or will I get more on ebay? 🤷‍♂️ Any help/thoughts much appreciated 👍🏼

Hi guys, as my mother has been diagnosed with a terminal illness I'm going to be selling these time capsules off to try and raise a few bob for my parents. I'm not expecting a lottery win but I just thought I'd try and see if you guys can help me get the most I can for them.... should I just put them on here in the for sale section, or will I get more on ebay? 🤷‍♂️ Any help/thoughts much appreciated 👍🏼
Sorry to hear about your mum, going through a similar situation myself so I know how difficult it is.

You may get more on ebay because of the bidding process, if two people (or more) fall in love with it then they will compete to win it, of course it doesn't always work out that way. Also you need to factor in ebays fees. On here you'll need to set a firm asking price, although you can then leave it open to offers, no fees of course and you'll know the bike is going to a true enthusiast.

You can always do both, just bear in mind that you won't always get what you think it's worth, times are hard right now and for many people luxury purchases are off the table, and there are a lot of nice old bikes appearing on the market as people look to raise money, the market certainly isn't like it was at its peak during the lockdown unless we are talking very rare boutique pieces, the rich are always recession proof.

It's a lovely old bike that will definitely appeal to someone, good luck with the sale.

Sorry to hear that.

You’ll definitely get more on eBay but you’ll also get more hassle and the possibility someone is going to strip and flip.

I’ve just answered another post and suggested postage and making sure the seatpost is free moving make a difference to value.

Hard to place a value on both of those - I’ve not seen a Vixen come up for sale. Both are lovely bikes, need a bit of work but will come up great.

Really depends - 99p start on eBay and hope for the best, two motivated bidders could push that up. Or do you pin down a price and leave on here? You’ll maybe get some PMs as a result of your post on here so I’d give it a day or two.

Sorry to hear that.

You’ll definitely get more on eBay but you’ll also get more hassle and the possibility someone is going to strip and flip.

I’ve just answered another post and suggested postage and making sure the seatpost is free moving make a difference to value.

Hard to place a value on both of those - I’ve not seen a Vixen come up for sale. Both are lovely bikes, need a bit of work but will come up great.

Really depends - 99p start on eBay and hope for the best, two motivated bidders could push that up. Or do you pin down a price and leave on here? You’ll maybe get some PMs as a result of your post on here so I’d give it a day or two.
Thanks buddy!

I know I'm not the only one going through it. Feel like starting some kind of support group although I'm coming to terms with it more as time passes. What a shock at first!

The real kick in the balls is that she worked through covid for the NHS helping so many others and to be repaid like this, where's the justice!?!?.....

I'll take the advice and consider the options for a few days/week or so before selling. In a perfect world I would hang on to them myself, although I just don't have the room at the moment.

Thanks again and take it easy :)

Back