Early Prototype Rockshox Boxxer

heavyp

Retro Guru
I saw a pic on instagram a while ago posted by tftuning and in the backround there was a wall of forks, I asked to see that wall and yesterday I got my wish.

I was interested in the triple clamp and I was not disappointed, I asked about it and this is what I got as a reply

"Yeah they are. Fancy pants Ti lowers and original B.box damper made in the back of the R/S truck when Tim and Helen were touring Europe."

main.php

what a nice collection of forks! IIRC steve peat was one of the rockshox riders who was first racing on the early boxxer forks

I never knew the protos used ti lowers. Was it only the first few or all of them, including the painted ones?

The crowns are 01/02 ish and thr lowers look early. Blackbox was a SRAM platform so not early if they have any Blackbox in them.... Unless mr flooks was tinkering with them constantly on the road...

Never seen them on any team bike so I wonder if they were an exercise in what can be done, generally Blackbox was hidden in the depth of forks, I know this because I had a go on Peaty's bb equipped 223 at inners a few years ago...

Makes me wonder what else flooks had hidden away

Back