early morning isle of wight ride (modern bike though sorry)

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
my body clock is absolutely screwed at the mo so i woke up at 4.30am and couldnt get back to sleep and as this is my only full day off this week i thought i'd make the most of it!! :D so by 6.30 am i was leaving the house with the ST4 on the roof of the car :D figured i might aswel take the comfy bike and enjoy the downhills as my climbing fitness has gone to crap!! :LOL:

anyhow, got over the island and headed for the coastal route, parts of which are actually no cycling but i choose to ignore this when i'm on my own :twisted: so up on headon warren i go and within a minute i get shouted at by a dogwalker. tit. i ignore him. the way i see it is headon warren is an ancient burial ground and whatever medieval dude is buried there would be more pissed at the guy letting his tubby labrodor crap allover the place than the guy having fun on a bike! so after blanking him coz i had my ipod on which made him just shout louder i hit the downhill :D

by the way i wasn't riding retro but the tunes were! :D as i rolled towards dognumpty twisted sisters "we're not gonna take it" was on!! :LOL: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1LXhgXPWs for those who don't know! :D :LOL:

after the downhill i rode up to the needles and spotted some hints about bikes on various gates . . . if anyone sees me i always start with "bonjour!" then watch the silly actions they make to try and convince me not to ride and counter with "je ne comprend pas!" :D has worked before!! :D

anway here are some pics in no particular order! :D

Attachments

• backside of the island.jpg
    backside of the island.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 781
  • dogy descent.jpg
    dogy descent.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 781
  • early morning sun.jpg
    early morning sun.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 781
  • early start = coffee.jpg
    early start = coffee.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 781
few more :D

Attachments

• naughty trails.jpg
    naughty trails.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 779
  • no cycling.jpg
    no cycling.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 779
  • otters!.jpg
    otters!.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 779
a few more :D

Attachments

• st4 hiding.jpg
    st4 hiding.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 778
  • suggs aswel!!.jpg
    suggs aswel!!.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 778
  • the romans are coming!!.jpg
    the romans are coming!!.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 778
  • the view.jpg
    the view.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 778
See the problem there Jonny is that the ST4 is just to bloody bright - attracting unwanted attention and scaring the poor inbred islanders into thinking the aliens are coming to abduct them again.

Nice. One day I'll get my 4r5e down to the IOW :roll:

Off to see the parents tomorrow, but solo outing planned for Friday AM. Looking forward to it.

weird thing though mark is that those pictures still don't capture the bikes colour properly!! it glowed in the dark at mayhem!! :LOL:

pickle . . . one day . . . next time your down with the family on the island i'll bring a spare bike and we'll bugger off for a ride! seem to remember that lack of space forces the lack of bike when you are down this way.

and if anyone was wondering, the romans and the suggs pictures were random posters advertising stuff at the ferry terminal. :D

jonnyboy666":m6o6h7nw said:
pickle . . . one day . . . next time your down with the family on the island i'll bring a spare bike and we'll bugger off for a ride! seem to remember that lack of space forces the lack of bike when you are down this way.

Cool, I'll hold you to that ;)

oh yeah i forgot about that!! :LOL: redbull water bottle!! :LOL:

Attachments

• tintin's redbull bottle!!.jpg
    tintin's redbull bottle!!.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 735
Back