Early lugged Marin Pine Mountain

Walterscot

Retro Guru
Was gone in 20 minutes. Would make a great restoration project, hope whoever got it has that in mind. Anyone know which year this one was? Has to be within the first couple of years of production, no.

IMG_6958.jpeg

Bugger😔 been after a 88 Pine Mountain ever since i stupidly sold mine quite a few years back. Where was it located it might make me feel better, hopefully miles away 😊

Glasgow from looking at the Gumtree link.
Aye just seen it i would've drove to Glasgow to get that ☺️,£30 aswell a real bargain i would've paid way more than that. It would be a shame if it was stripped and flipped because looking at it the bike looks completely original and that makes it very rare for one of those.
My reason for loving the 88 Pine Mountain is because it was the first Mtb i seen,Tange Prestige tubing, Shimano Deore and a silver/violet paint,loved it. Denton Cycles of Newcastle had one and every weekend i used to drag my mam up there to try and convince her to buy it for Christmas for me but my mam was having none of it lol

Looks like the 16” one with sloping top tube..very rare. My mum owned one of these, bought in 88 from Dave Heron cycles in Durham…I still have the frame and forks in my loft…never did get it finished…but that was only 2011 so plenty of time yet ☺️

Last edited:
Looks like the 16” one with sloping top tube..very rare. My mum owned one of these, bought in 88 from Dave Heron cycles in Durham…I still have the frame and forks in my loft…never did get it finished…but that was only 2011 so plenty of time yet ☺️

This has to be the record for a slow build 🤣

Back