Early GT pre-triple triangle

Twozaskars

Retro Guru
Not mine and only an Outpost but interesting enough;

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
These early Outpost's didn't have a Triple Triangle whilst the rest of the range did. They sat bottom of the range so assume they looked to try and save costs/simplify production? However earlier 80s GT's frames did look like this...

I’ve read this somewhere before but struggle to understand the logic of making something different to reduce cost? Did they actually just have a load of old frames left over somewhere so stuck Outpost on them to get rid?

Later Outposts had Triple Triangles, but the early ones didn't. I think the one on eBay is an 89 as they had Triple Triangles in 1990. The Talera also came without the signature Triple Triangle design in 89 too. I guess it was a point of differentiation, but I like your thinking if they had old frames left! This is what big companies are famous for, reusing bits from old designs and integrating them into new models to save time & money.

Back