Early 80s Parker Thompson Built Orbit Gold Medal Tourer - 52cm - 'time warp' condition - Sheffield/Brighton

sjcprojects

Orange 🍊 Fan
This is mine - I've put it on eBay as I'm looking for a quick sale, but I'm open to RB-friendly type offers on here too (before any bidding starts, obviously..):

It really is in amazing condition, almost as if new, really - I'm only selling this because I bought it for a friend, but they prefer their modern hybrid 😖 , and sadly it's far too small for me.

It's an early Orbit from what I can tell, with no serial number which makes me wonder if it has an interesting history (aside from being almost unused).

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 15
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Beautiful bike and condition. Possibly want to fit the rack the right way round though.

You know, I thought that rack looked odd but it being put on backwards never occurred to me :oops:. How odd. The thing is that it doesn't have rack mounts, and the paint being as good as it is I'm not going to risk marking it by using p-clips...also I don't have the right parts for that rack anyway. Ho-hum. I guess I'll just leave it as it is, although now it's going to be nagging away at me. Why would someone even do that? Who knows.

You know, I thought that rack looked odd but it being put on backwards never occurred to me :oops:. How odd. The thing is that it doesn't have rack mounts, and the paint being as good as it is I'm not going to risk marking it by using p-clips...also I don't have the right parts for that rack anyway. Ho-hum. I guess I'll just leave it as it is, although now it's going to be nagging away at me. Why would someone even do that? Who knows.
Just take it off then. They used to fit on the brake mounting bolt, if no rack eyes.

Last edited:
I've relisted this, but I'm still very open to offers on here. Pricing this was tricky seeing as it's not like there are many practically unused 40+ year old bikes out there, but given the market maybe I've been over-ambitious at a £199 starting price?

Also, collection from near Brighton rather than Sheffield is possible from after the 20th December.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.