Early 2000s Kona Stuff. New bits and Hope M4 brakes NOW SOLD

Johnny Ragwort

Dirt Disciple
I bought this as a project, spent a fortune (and lots of time) building it up, then completely lost interest in it and realised I'll never be a mountain biker!
It's a 2004 (I think) Kona Stuff. Marzocchi Bomber forks (someone has butchered the disc caliper mounts), front and rear Hope M4 8 disc brakes, complete with a new front rotor. I rebuilt the front caliper with new seals, pads and pipe, but I have a feeling it's still leaking: the front brake binds and squeals. Shimano XT shifters and rear derailleur, new cables all round. I fitted a new FSA headset and Shimano bottom bracket; these have not been used at all save for one 500 yard test ride (during which I was dismayed by the contrast between this and my road bikes!). Wellgo SPD pedals included. I'll also chuck in a Hope M4 3 caliper for spares as well as (if I can find them) another caliper rebuild kit and a length of new brake hose. No bar grips because I had to rob them for my wife's tourer.
This is worth far more than I'm asking as parts, but having spent so long building it up I can't quite bring myself to break it. I'm asking £125 but am very much open to offers. Much as I'd like to swap for roadie stuff, I really need to thin out my collection so cash offers only please! Collection only from Ross on Wye please.
1zpkto1.jpg

jt5s8o.jpg

2colnh1.jpg

mbo9dl.jpg

oku0de.jpg

2l9mbg4.jpg

153o21i.jpg

Back