E. G. Bates

Replaced my ancient BB with a roller bearing Campag Record 111mm axle so as to get the clearance with the PMP cranks coupled with a 55T ring.

Work still very much in progress as chain, gearing & other adjustments to make & then add some Benotto Tape

Not sure but I think the bars could do with further chopping looking at the photos ??

hi there is much debate about crank length personally i rekon a bit longer up hill feels a bit better.what do you think nob ?

oonaff":1vuwqzog said:
hi there is much debate about crank length personally i rekon a bit longer up hill feels a bit better.what do you think nob ?

Being 1.88cm tall I have always used 177.5'S & Whilst they offer more leverage & bigger gear work a small crank length uses less power (watts) & is more economical up hills as you'll be spinning a small gear. I'd have knee problems going down to something as low as 165's/170's. Not a scientific response but that's the jest of it.........

As a lover of latex :) I have polish up the rubbers on the Kronos calipers with silicone polisher & they have come up like new :)

Back