Dura Ace or C - Record thats the question.

If I do c record it would be 2nd generation. If I do dura ace it will be 7402.

Looking around I've found that various bits are high cost in each set. With the c record nos stuff is a bit more expensive but used stuff can be made to look new and have new panto done.

I've done a nos c record build and it does look fantastic but I've never ridden it. I think as it's an 88 frame and because I will want to ride it I may end up going with dura ace as the 88 team used shimano and from what I hear its easier to use.

Re:

Oh Maca, it's called ShimaNO for a reason.......!

Happy Christmas fella, ride next week if you're not working?

Richie

If its an 88 frame do Dura Ace, period! I worked on the Milk Race in 1989 for Paul; Sherwen and the Raleigh Banana Team supporting the mechanic Alistair Hamilton, they had C Record then with those dog awful SGR pedals they were forced to use , Adrian Timmis hated them so much he went back to clips and straps :) Ive built both and Dura Ace on a TVT and my ex 1990 race bike a Bottecchia SLX with C Record. Dura Ace runs best, Campag looks best, deltas need to be at least version 2 if you want to use them but they do work well if setup correctly. I got my Dura Ace from eBay Croatia and Poland for lower prices great sellers if that helps very honest
Darren

Back