Dura Ace 7800 Medium Cage (GS) Rear Mech - for repair SOLD

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got a Dura Ace 7800 rear mech in the much-sought-after but impossible-to-find GS cage, for road triple but also usable on MTBs if your cassette ratio's not too wide. A brilliant and superlight mech but unfortunately it has a fault in that the cage pivot is stiff, so once the lower jockey wheel is pulled away from the mech body (i.e. for bigger teeth combinations) it doesn't spring back as crisply as it should.

I've taken the pivot bolt off once and the spring inside looks a bit rusty - I fitted it back together after packing with grease but I'm not sure if I've reassembled it correctly, it seems to spring better, though maybe not perfectly. It also seems to get stuck now and then in the 'regular' position, i.e. under no cable tension, I'm not sure if that's because I didn't reassemble it properly though. I don't know how to repair it fully or what would be required to do so, or even if it can be repaired, but since I don't need the mech now anyway it's time to pass it on to someone who wants to fiddle with it.

Given how sought after these mechs are and that used models usually make about £90 on ebay, I think £30 posted (to UK, overseas postage available at cost) is fair, PP gift and no returns though.

NOW SOLD

Attachments

• IMG_2313 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2313 (Custom).JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2314 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2314 (Custom).JPG
    61 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2312 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2312 (Custom).JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 293
Re: Rare Dura Ace 7800 Medium Cage (GS) Rear Mech - for repair

One person out and another not replying to messages, so the mech is currently still available.

Back