Sorted Dura Ace 7100 rear derailleur

OK, just wish you'd mentioned this in your opening post as I only have the black one. Well actually, I do have a silver one but it's the GS (long cage) version of the model, but I'll assume you're looking for the more common standard version even though you haven't specified this.

I would be interested in the long cage if the op isn't. Depending on price.
OK, although your interest may also depend on another factor. The derailleur I have is labelled as the Crane model. Although I have a feeling you'll be aware that Crane is in fact Dura Ace. The 7100 Dura Ace has the same styling and is mechanically the same mech, with the only difference being that the Crane and Crane GS writing on the front was replaced by Dura Ace. And seeing a reliable source of info on the interweb, I can see that the Dura Ace branded mechs never had a GS/long cage version (seeing as Shimano was at that point in time trying to tout the Dura Ace kit as a purely racing orientated and top level groupset, so having a long cage mech as part of the range was thought of as damaging to this image). So you wouldn't be able to find a 7100 long cage mech in any case, if this might have been what you'd been hoping for.

Back