Dura-Ace 12-21 Cassette 8 Speed (Huge Drop)

kermitgreenkona88":1eczer3h said:
Other that that is what my friend bought it as and the fact it says Dura-Ace on the lock-ring and that it is a somewhat unusual design nothing really :(

OK, seems fair but sadly the lockring text isn't clear from the pics and I wasn't there when your friend bought it so surely I can be forgiven for thinking this looks surprisingly similar to any other Hyperglide block <smile/LOL etc>

Sorry I may have come over a bit harsh, but the truth is in my estimation there is really nothing that sets this apart, except the facts I gave you I am beginning to wonder if he was sold a pup :shock: :( :oops:

FWIW, my 7401 8 speed dura ace 13-23 cassette weighs 302g, complete with all spacers and lockring. The sprockets are a different colour and texture to other shimano cassettes - kind of a matt "champagne" colour and not the shiny chrome of all the other cassettes I've seen. All spacers are alloy.

and although many people will tell you that a dura ace drivetrain needs a dura ace cassette to work properly, this isn't true. any shimano 8 speed cassette will work with dura ace shifters and mechs - the sprocket width and spacing is exactly the same. with dura ace the only things that must go together are the shifters and mechs, at least with 8 speed stuff, I think 9 was all the same, and I know nothing of dura ace with less than 8 speed.

hope this helps!

no problem, glad to help! I'd buy yours, but I have a hard enough time with my 13-23, so a 12-21 isn't going to be much use to me :(

GLWS!

Back