Dude, WTF is with that fork?!? My DeKerf

That hip flask & cage is possibly one of the coolest bike things I've seen in years. Awsome build.

That has got spirit! A real, dare I say it, ghost-like spirit! Fantastic!
Please do us all a favour though and ditch the Trek bottle (unless it's got some sentimental value - in which case consign it to the back of a cupboard). And get a pair of Paul's Stoplights in silver to make use of the canti hanger on the rear and complement the Crosstop on the front. ;)

Corduroyboy":3e467so4 said:
Please do us all a favour though and ditch the Trek bottle (unless it's got some sentimental value - in which case consign it to the back of a cupboard).

The bottle is race swag from a race that was sponsored by the shop my buddy was the service manager of.

so..... in reply to a few posts I have read.
===========================

~ YES...the Stem is INCREDIBLE!!! and just as hard to find here, in British Columbia!!!!

~ The Decal Kit spells 94 and earlier. I have the same decal kit on my
June / 1994 DeKerf Mountain.

~ Metallic Orange and Metallic emerald Green where the only 2 colors that where mass produced. Custom was always available.....as everything Chris does is custom.

~ I have a good friend with a 1991 DeKerf in The Metallic Orange / with the Matching Rock Shox's Mag's

~ YES...DeKerf did build Bikes in 1991

~ The Serial number is on the bottom of the Bottom Bracket Shell.
It is WELL WORTH stripping the paint from the BB shell, so you can identify the Frame.
You will see a "TR" Thomas Ritchey crest stamped in the Bottom Bracket....right dead middle.
underneath that their is a "L" on the left and a "R" on the right

then, running along the BB edge will be the sereal number.
it will start with " DEK ### "

My friends Orange DeKerf is a 1991 ( identified buy Chris himself )
and his number is in the 100's

My 1994 DeKerf Frame is numbered " DEK 311 "
it is the 331' th Frame Built.
It was built in a group of 15 Frames. All 17.5 inch Frames
June 30th 1994

======================================

if you clean the paint from the Bottom Bracket I will GLADLY!! link you up with Chris and find out more specifically what you have.

======================================

I think you should step back and smile!!!
you built a beautiful Bike...that your friend would be proud of!!!
;)

peace,
Kevin

The action is like any early air fork. linear, with a fair bit of initial stiction. Correct pressure is critical. It has a bit of flex, and tracking is somewhat vague. I rode down a set of stairs with it. One of the scariest things I've done on a bike.............and I've ridden the Worlds/WC DH courses at Bromont and Mte. Ste. Anne. :LOL:

Hey Behind Bars .... you missed a spot when reading through the posts ;) :D

FMJ":2zhrcqkb said:
*UPDATE*

Note to self: Make optometrist appointment and get new bifocals.

I flipped the bike over, wiped down the BB, and shone a flashlight at an angle on it, and with a magnifying glass could make out the faint outline of a Ritchey logo and DEK 184.

Really really really like this bike FMJ. I'm sure that you are justly proud of the way it's turned out. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Oh and I love the stem too :D

Back