Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun 21st

• Sat 27th

• Sun 28th

• Total voters
Ach, I'm thinking by mid morning the weather will be clear, the big question for me is what's the place going to be like after a night of snow and sleet. Also wondering what the A702 road over will be like, I think it's pretty high and seems like a good chance that the sleet will be snow there.

I'm really sorry guys, but I must say pas. Woke up today morning and feel so so to go. I'm sure we can go another time, thanks guys.

Drum Solo

dsc00128nq.jpg

High Point - Dalveen Pass, A702
This was the road I was worried about. Apart from the lines, the only white on the road were sheep.

dsc00129oo.jpg

Drumlanrig Castle drive
Not a drop of snow in site. :D

dsc00130ip.jpg

Nippy wind when out in the open. Water was barely frozen though

dsc00131.jpg

The Hardrock dominating Drumlanrig like the mountain biking colossus it is. Or something

Weather was fantastic. Honestly, not a drop of snow or ice in sight. Trails were in great condition, better than when we went end of last year. Great day, apart from being out niched in the car park by a couple of snooty 29'er singlespeeders. And getting a wee bit lost at the end of the red. And being on my own of course.

Get it right up ye, you gayers!

I'm off oot for a white pudding supper :cool:

Looks great zz weather here has been great all day, wish I was able to come but 3 noisy feckers to look after- well done and agree big bunch of gayers! Still on for ae the morra, hope you bring the weather you had today.

Well done Z did you enjoy it? Conditions lookin good anyway :)

Aye, great day. Love all the tight, twisty rooty stuff, don't really get that on any of my usual rides - it's such a great place, like an anti-Glentress.

Was really toiling physically for the first 30 minutes, but after that I found my legs. One crash, near the start, too fast into a corner; front simply washed out, no harm though. Lost my way at the end of the red, should have doubled back and headed up the black I think, instead ended up on the castle drive, wasn't chuffed. Stopped for a bite to eat at the cafe, then back out on the black route 8. Did about 30 minutes of that, but was pretty knackered at that point and still heading in the wrong direction (away), so headed back to the castle via fire track.

Oh aye, the bike shop's got an old rusty Muddy Fox for sale. In desperate need of some tlc.

Roll on Ae the morn!

I love down there, need to get the Wicked back up to speed. It was mainly built for those type of trails.

Back