Driving Test changes

Chopper the ex Copper

Alpinestars Fan
Well, it looks as if fiddling with a sat nav looks set to become part of the driving test. The government haven't yet explained what they will do for candidates who don't own a sat nav, or those who use their smart phone for that purpose.

But why sat nav? Changing a CD, retuning the radio, reaching into the glove box for a packet of Bensons were never incorporated into the test, despite being all to common behind the wheel activities.

I would think its more along the lines of when and when not to mess around with it rather than its operation.

Would be good if they could teach people to not have tunnel vision and follow it like a zombie regardless of what's going on outside.

Strange, if only there were signs giving directions to places :LOL: :roll:

Re:

Iw as getting worried because will be doing my driving test soon but luckily it's not coming in until december and I should be doing mine in a couple of months.

Re:

It's just the use of and how to follow the instructions, while they all differ in ways, like cars they are generally all the same.
It's safety, setting a place and following instructions from what I remember the chat about it being.

Chopper1192":22nfyq9l said:
They just interviewed the transport minister on radio 4 and he didnt have a clue what he was talking about.

Surely not! A minister not knowing what he is talking about?

Welcome back, BTW!

Mike

Re:

Got no issue with it. Too many distracted drivers on the roads who refuse to invest in proper hands free nav tech. Id make illegal driving penalties far far harsher.

Chopper1192":1tpcspwo said:
Hi Mike.

Of more utility it would be useful for those doing their HGV test to prove they own an HGV specific sat nav.
It would be nice for sat nabs to have an option to select, using. Trailer or Caravan option. So it knows you speed limits and can adjust accordingly and also avoid routed not suitable.

Also an 'i have a bike on the roof' option so i don't drive it into things...

Back