Driverless Vehicles, Coming To A Road Near You Too Soon!

highlandsflyer":1kvx9523 said:
I titled the thread thusly, "Driverless Vehicles, Coming To A Road Near You Too Soon!"

How on earth could anyone interpret that as a denial of their imminence?
You've wished upon a need to prove infallibility (not sure why when no human could) and claimed the legal side is too complex to overcome (which is clearly in hand, if not resolved) but in fairness it's been others who are in denial about the viability and timescales.

Anyway we're all agreed now so it's all good. Viva la diddy car.

Re:

I have found this thread a highly amusing read and i'm not going to take sides because although the thought of driverless cars leaves me feeling cold i do agree that a long boring motorway journey is enough to make a lot of drivers feel rather sleepy behind the wheel and that's never a good thing just like being stuck in rush hour traffic in the towns and cities can drive you to dispare at times so driverless cars will have it's plus side just as long we can all get out there and enjoy proper driving in the evenings and at weekends when it takes our fancy ,,

Re:

There will be a lot of automation of everything we take for granted in our lives. We all understand that. Whether it's a good thing is the question. Mass unemployment is on the way for those without needed skills. A very high std of education, particularly in maths, IT and sciences will mean everything in the years to come. Fuxx the world is changing so fast it's scary sometimes.

As for tiny engined turbo cars, love them too. The wife's Fiat 500 is a blast :mrgreen:

Re:

One thing I think is key is to get people out of cars for long journeys.

I used to do the length of the country a couple of times a month. I fly now, less often.

My wife uses Easyjet too.

The idea of burning up a tankful or two to get one or two people the length of the country is mad, so automation doesn't fulfil the desired outcome.

It is rather like the Blue Ray craze.

So many people I know were waffling on about how great they were, while they watched them on 720 screens..

Some people just like the ideas rather than realising the potential.

One point eveyones missed so far is that with self driving cars one coukd have a pee in complete safety, sometbhing that should not be ignored as the aged population increases.

In fact you could have a fry up whilst driving, the possibilities are many, i didnt say endless as you couldnt have a game of football for example..

Wrong. You can erect a net behind the driver area. Football away!

Having a pee, cooking a meal whilst in transit. All the norm in campervan world.

Even don't come knockin' till the joint stops rocking!

All possible and well advised when stuck in a traffic jam.

Re:

We are the last gen to enjoy a good hoon. Wales, Ireland & Scotland having some of the best roads. Won't be long before we are all cocooned in autonomous vehicles, travelling in a convoy, whilst having sax with some customised robot.

Re:

Been on the bbc website today so it must be true :D
A Google car caused a crash in the us of a :facepalm:
Roads won't be worth driving on soon all the robot cars and German cars
Take your life in your hands venturing out there.

:D

Back