Downtube Eyelets Use - Answered.

Wenagade

Dirt Disciple
Hello

About 5.5 inches apart on the downtube, what are they for as considering mudguard catcher without the elastic straps or a pump or anything else as weekend tour capibility & balance, but most eyelets goods are the size of water bottle holders etc

Any names for gear to search for much appreciated, regards fitment to said dimensions over straps etc

Picture not clear care of light.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20231109_123700.jpg
    IMG_20231109_123700.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Not the best angle on pic but I’d say definitely Crud Catcher mounts. Much more secure than the rubber bands and stop them rubbing the paint when all gritty.

Could probably mount a Salsa anything cage there but wouldn’t be a great place for mounting a bag or such.

Thanks

Could not find crudcatcher mounts with dedicated screws let alone to the above fitment measurement, I'm especially interested in said screw catcher over bags etc as I've got two bottle cage mounts within frame & a Osprey 7 litre hydration & panniers.

Anyone who knows a name of a product catcher to those 5.5 inch eyelets via the screws that can name enabling search would be the resolution, I would of thought plenty reference the touring community as it were which may be my next port of call but I only use retro forums usually.

Thanks I'll

I’ve a selection in the garage, I can have a check of their measurements.

Thanks ill check out the catcher if available but doubt it will match the dimensions ( yet I'll hold fire on purchasing.

Edit : additionally, well looks like catcher has the holes, perhaps standard gap as doesn't state, I've saved the following & I'll await your reply ref measurements, didn't notice piory see pic

Ta

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109_180741.jpg
    Screenshot_20231109_180741.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Checked both vintages and the gap is 14cm/5.5 inches on both.

Are you in the UK? I don’t use mine and would sell for £5 to cover the postage and a couple of Mars bars if you wanted.

Thanks all, found clarification required & I'm going to consider it for next winter as it's not essential this winter due to to fat issues or woke terminology of there there then your a plus size & have a mars bar & remain unhappy with bod whilst telling all & Sundrie how you love mirrors !

As opposed to admittance fasting & bikes & actually attainable goals to not be to fat.

Incidentiely I'm to fat so I'm allowed to speak truth instead of woke bollux failing life on earth.

Rant over & clout.

Yours sincerely

Misses Jones

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back