Double U Brake Saracen Trekker 1989

Yeah that's a fair point. This has been stripped for so long now though I just want to get it built. Then I can get the amazon built and finally clear up all the unused spares taking all the space in my garage!

Stripping levers is a lot more laborious then I thought. Easy on the big flat bits, pain doing the rest.

Thought a bump of this might help sell yours, which is like the more handsome big brother of mine ;)

Need to get this finished but its hard work finding a minute spare at the moment.

U Brakes all cleaned nicely

Rust was quite bad on one of the archs so going to spray it black. Will lose the logo but it will bother me knowing its rusting otherwise. Has lots of worms on it as you can see here:

First spray black didnt go too well as my 3 year old picked it up from hanging above the radiator in the kitchen :facepalm: so back to stripping the paint again and trying tonight and tomorrow :LOL:

Re:

Rebuild finished...

Bit late so pics in the kitchen :facepalm: New cables and changed pedals for some tkk of same period as exage ones had no grip. Otherwise a deep clean degrease and rebuild. Paint touched up/rust etc

Shake down at the weekend hopefully...

And one outside..

The old Trekker's look good and always gave a good solid ride so i can't wait to hear your positive feed back on your next update :) ..

Re:

Took for a quick spin... doesn't miss a beat. Such a nice ride. Short top tube makes the front pop up nicely but well planted with the long stem.

Taking this to mayhem this year :D

P1020422_zpsea94e2ab.jpg
[/URL]

I really like these pedals but know nothing about them...

It looks a lot tidier since you've touched the paint work up :cool: and i can't relate to those pedals personally although i'm pretty certain i've seen them on BMX's back in the 80's and is that tioga Farmer Johns tyre's you've got on the saracen ? ..

Re:

Thanks chaps.

Original farmer johns on it yep. Might change for mayhem but they are nice riding tyres and not too perished really. I trust them anyway.

Back