Don Farrell – Reynolds 531, complete bike to finish

s-maker

Dirt Disciple
Don Farrell – Reynolds 531, complete bike for restoration

I discovered this rare Don Farrell road bike in a shed in Northampton about 4 months ago.
Condition : as the day it was put in that shed in the 60’s/70’s

I have removed all components and begun to clean, but alas I now need the space and time to complete other projects and this great original bike has to go.

Don Farrell was a builder and racer and this bike was made during his early days in Edgware road. The badge and transfers denote the address of the workshop and differ from other marks I have seen by Don Farrell indicating it is early 60’s.
Great Italian flag transfer on the seat tube and the original paint is an Azure Blue

Campagnolo shifter and derailleur, Weinnmann brakes – I will list all shortly and geometry.

Best to come and have a look and discuss in person or email me any questions you might have. I would also be interested in hearing more about Don.

Pick up is for the complete bike, the wheels, frame and all components separate but bagged. It was road worthy and in perfect working order before cleaning and dismantling.

Photos taken before cleaning - I will add updated ones tonight as well as links to further info about Don Farrell

Pick up or postage available
North London - Crouch End / Archway

£160.00 - open to any offers

Attachments

• DF_01.jpg
    DF_01.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 5,241
  • DF_02.jpg
    DF_02.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 5,244
  • DF_03.jpg
    DF_03.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 5,244
  • DF_04.jpg
    DF_04.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 5,244
more pics of the brazing please!

Its way too small for me but I want to see the brazing - it looks very nice

When I was a kid I used to look longingly into Don Farrell's shop window on the Edgware Road when on shopping trips on the 292 from Borehamwood. The bikes looked so fine and special. I ended up getting a Raleigh Olympus from Halfords for Christmas instead... :cry:

Good luck with sale, has brought back some good memories

Well worth restoring. This (mine a few years ago) was same era as best I recall:

farrell1.jpg

More images - Don Farrell

Here is the Don Farrell now, 50% cleaned. Wheels included

Thanks for the information - I also met a guy a couple of weeks ago who used to know Don Farrell's wife Stella Farrell who was a keen long distance rider and Don spent a lot of time building for her.

Great looking bike - oldave, thanks

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 5,060
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 5,060
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 5,060
  • A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5,060
DF main shop was in Burnt Oak [on the Edgware Road] but for a while during the 1970s he also had a shop in Hemel Hempstead but with the slump in the early 1980s...he closed that shop.....interesting find in a shed!

Latest posts

Back