Does your frame use replaceable brake studs?

BiketoBasics

Dirt Disciple
As the thread title states, how about your frame?

Does it use replaceable studs or boss mounts for your brake calipers?

I know that several older frames out there do use them, but (surprisingly) even some more modern ones (built in the 2000's) don't.

If yours has replaceables, then name the frame!

All Aluminium frames have them as studs need to be steel (or I suppose titanium).

(Ducks and waits for somebody to come up with an exception!)

I have never owned a bike with replaceable ones but sure would like to. GT Timberline, BRC Explorer, Kuwahara Sage, Maruishi Mountace, Raleigh Elkhorn, Leeworld Mountain Sport, Diamondback Apex - all have non-replaceable studs. I have used thin brass shimstock to remove excess play on the calipers on some of those frames. Kind of a PITA and I'd rather preferred to just swap the studs out if possible. I was looking to buy a Salsa Casseroll, 2012 model, and THAT didn't even have replaceables. Hmmmm.

@hamster - I also had a roller-cam brake Cannondale SM600 which was aluminum and I don't think that one had replaceables either (but I need to check my old photos). That bike is strictly an off-road bike and if I did any sort of offroading I never would have parted with it.

Kona pahoehoe, univega ram 900, trek 4500 boys apollo xc26s, unsure of my dawes Saratoga or team raleigh, havent checked in a long while

Back