Does anybody recognise this 20" Shopping Bike

stealthstylz2

Retro Newbie
Hi, joined here as I'm trying to find out what this bike is. Hopefully this is the right place to post it. I saved it from going in the scrap pile the other day but I don't recognise the frame at all. I've had a few (modified) shopping bikes in the past, gonna get this one sorted for my daughter to go to school on in September.

So far the only parts I can identify are it has a twist grip 3 speed Sturmey and a ITM stem/handlebars. The front brake is also on the left hand side, so not sure if it's European or has been swapped.

49245cec29df.jpg

And my favourite one I've built, old Dawes Kingpin that was lowered a lot.

S1050360_788x1050.jpg

Matt

Re:

The front brake is on the left cos it's safer. I reckon that's where British standards has it wrong. I've always kitted out mine and my kids bikes like that. The reason .... you can ride one handed signalling a right turn and have the most powerful brake (the front) controlled by your left. Signalling left turns isn't that important

Re:

That makes sense. Somebody has identified the bike now, it's a Vindec Super Vogue. Never heard of them personally, apparently they made a knock off Raleigh Chopper or something.

Latest posts

Back