Do homeless people need golf?

highlandsflyer":39gv7aja said:
Homelessness is about more than being cold. Homeless people need foppish theatre types in their lives.

A troop of luvvies entertaining them

Alison

Isaac_AG":3h5s1xf9 said:
As I was avoiding doing the bathroom, I was flicking through channels and came onto 47 and the end of Undercover Boss USA and the boss in question was saying he was going to a homeless peoples project, Solutions For Change,and was going to donate $50,000 for them to play golf and have the equipment to do so. I though Yes the top priority of any homeless person is to play golf in some swanky club, I thought if I was homeless I would probably want a large bottle of whisky and an extra blanket, not golf.

Alison
Nobody needs golf. It is evil and is the sure route to tartan trousers.

Isaac_AG said:
As I was avoiding doing the bathroom, I was flicking through channels and came onto 47 and the end of Undercover Boss USA and the boss in question was saying he was going to a homeless peoples project, Solutions For Change,and was going to donate $50,000 for them to play golf and have the equipment to do so. I though Yes the top priority of any homeless person is to play golf in some swanky club, I thought if I was homeless I would probably want a large bottle of whisky and an extra blanket, not golf.
/quote]

I suspect it's more to do with tax bills of bosses than anything else...

Rich Aitch":34vilnlq said:
Isaac_AG":34vilnlq said:

Alison
Nobody needs golf. It is evil and is the sure route to tartan trousers.

:)

I'm with you on that one; Mark Twain was bang on the money with his "a good walk spoiled" line. Last season my club promoted a CX race at a venue which was formerly a golf course - I think that could be the way forward!

David

The History Man":2i6y3cua said:
Jobs as caddies? I have a trolley.

Golf caddies, presumably, rather than:

pg_tips_tea_caddy.jpg

I'll get me coat.

David

In the early 90s I had a pair of mildly tartan golf trousers. What was I thinking? :facepalm:

Back