DMR rhythm Mk1

Re:

Very nice, 24" bikes are so much fun. Seems that MTB type dirt jump bikes are now mostly 26" which I don't really understand - but I suspect its sponsor driven i.e. bike companies sell a shed load of 26" bikes (well 650b now but I'm not getting into that here) so have their top riders on 26" dirt jump bikes to sell the image that you can do this on there bog-standard MTB. Which of course you can do, I learnt to dirt jump on a standard mountain bike but once I bought a BMX the drawbacks of the 26" were obvious. As said previously the 24" has some of the best aspects of both so not sure why its fallen out of favour.

It is strange isn't it, I've never been a jumper or anything but do like a tight and nimble bike for mucking about on, and the experience on the Rhythm has been like nothing else. The wheels came on an Dr Jekyll XL which Didn't seem to suit them but the Rhythm is right there. Perhaps teh other reason for 26" is those crazy ballsy riders going so big and fast on the trails/jumps and free ride movement? My break from MTB was 1994 - 2003 so I was surprised how it had all evolved like BMX and stuff. In the days of wheel size diversity I reckon 24" has a place, saying that it does seem to be popular in trials and uncycling!
large_pro20122.jpg

:cool:

Re:

for slopestyle stuff I can understand it but for dirt jumps, or the average rider then 24" is more suitable. After all those boys on 20" don't seem to mind going big - google Dane Searle if you want to see what is possible.

Sad day - Rhythm is broken up

Happy day - new build on the way :). Sticking with 24" wheels again, the Rhythm showed me how good they are.

If anyone wants the Rhythm frame I'd be happy with offers around £50.

Oh no, I opened this looking forward to a juicy build update!

Mine is having an inbetween build holiday. all in bits! I've kept the old frame just incase somehow the new version isn't as good. The next one to build is my 26" wheel Omen, short rear and gears...

What have you got instead?

Well the DMR did get had a few nice upgrades along the way - new cranks, wheels and forks as the gold labels cracked at the dropouts. I loved it but it was a bit short for me at 6' so was on the lookout for something similar but with a longer reach.
This came up on pinkbike and it fitted the bill nicely -
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/12650671/

Will update with pics once it's built.

Yes, I'm 6ft + and it is a bit silly but no more silly than BMX probably, the short sizes are what initially put me off DMR years ago. I do like them but yep a bit didi! I'm trying to size up me bikes, these are the odd ones out now. NS seems like a safe bet though, I do like NS, will be really interested to see how you get on with this.

Back