Disney Florida Holiday - pointers? I am home - update

Re:

I went when i was 16 in '86 ( me and best mate took our skateboards and were in heaven :) )

One place i will always remember is Dayton Beach. Drive on the beach, park up and just watch everyone else posing :) Absolutely awsome and a total American experience.

So as everyone else says.....Get a car.

Have a great time.

Re: Disney Florida Holiday - any pointers?

"One place i will always remember is Dayton Beach." ------Daytona Beach... :)

Re:

Better beaches on the gulf side if you make it to one, than atlantic. White sand, emerald to blue water and warmer water there,

Re: Re:

xerxes":cyj89tzo said:
Regardless, keeping animals in captivity and making them perform for entertainment, whether they're whales, dancing bears, sea lions or whatever, strikes me as cruel and I wouldn't want to perpetuate it by paying money to any organisation that does it.

This is the documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd3hUwFq1LU

Whilst I agree with you to a large extent, you shouldn't underestimate what the knock-on effects are. Seaworld, and actually, most zoos, aquariums, and animal parks, spend phenomenal amounts of time, energy and money on conservation projects. The revenue from the parks allow funding of otherwise non-feasible and beneficial work. Seaworld have a huge number of marine research staff.

What you see at a Zoo it typically a tiny amount of what happens. they tend not to shout about it, as the general public tend not to want it rammed down their throats.

FairfaxPat":222wd8h3 said:
"One place i will always remember is Dayton Beach." ------Daytona Beach... :)

Oops :oops:
In my defence ( defense) it was late ;)

Re:

Kennedy Space center is a must see, it's only an hours drive away. Seaworld is the best park outside the Disney World complex. If you can get tickets to see Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba, at Downtown Disney, an amazing show. Didn't like Universal, too busy and not up to the high Disney standards. Swim with Dolphins at Discovery Cove ... I could go on ...

Disney stuff you cannot miss:
Epcot - Test Track, Soarin',
Hollywood Studios - Tower of Terror
Animal Kingdom - Safari tour

Thanks again,

Are the above rides suitable for an 8 yr old?

Richard

Can you bring me some ''Redman'' chewing tobacco back please ?

I will pay for it!

Attachments

• red man.jpg
    red man.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 193
Re:

If you do rent a car, go to The Everglades, the Wildlife is unbelievable. It's not that far away, and I think the Kids would get a kick out of seeing the Alligators.

Back